Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 07:59 PM

Please do Watch This!

I was recommended this series on YOUTUBE by a family member. I watched one, then another, then another... and I am hooked! I spent 2 wasteful hours glued to watching these lovely, genuine tribal people from Afghanistan, samplingfoodstuffs and drinks, including Mcdonalds,KFC, Subway, Popcorn, Champagne. English Chocolate such as Mars, Bounty etc, Pizza, all of these,they have never tried, never tasted or even heard of, as they all live in the country far away from Kabul. These are things we take so much for granted over here. I guarantee, if you watch them you will not help yourself ladies from wanting to give them a friendly hug as they are so lovable with their innocence.
And I am sure the men on here will find it entertaining too.'

The series on YouTube is called TRIBAL PEOPLE TRY. Please do watch them, I thoroughly recommend it. I have brought one over here so you can see what it is like.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 08:37 PM

Re: Please do Watch This!

They look like Shepherds Bush folk to me.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 11:24 PM

I prefer Cadbury's, they should have given them that, though if the American's gave Twix to them that accounts for them not getting the best chocolate ever made.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 01:52 PM

Intrigued by how odd the concept sounded, I ended up watching a couple more of the videos. They're a lovely bunch of characters.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 03:23 PM

Yes, they really are genuine, lovable characters. One of the funniest I watched was their first ever sight and taste of Pringles. The joy on their faces as they tentatively tried first one, then another, then coming out with a phrase such as ''Wao, Excellent! God be praised'' as they did what every other person does, not stop eating after one or two but continue eating them! Even more enchanting was the fact that they were so impressed at the packaging of the Pringles. They just couldn't get over such a beautiful container!

Each character has his or her own charm. From the one who disclosed he has no teeth to the one who said they never use a knife or fork but their hands at all times to the one who thinks he knows everything medical with reference to eating food, especially chocolate!

I am thoroughly enjoying watching it. Apparently, they have quickly gained fans from all over the world and are having goodies sent from their countries for them to try.
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 04:02 PM

I like those 3 characters a lot - oddly, I know what the one who uses chocolate if he has a cough means, as I think it helps loosen a cough up.

I like the character with the white headdress, the awesomely magnificent moustache and all the rings on his fingers. He looks positively regal.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-11-2020, 05:40 PM

Yes, he looks very chieftain doesn't he? I really like the one showing on the front of the clip I have put on here. He is so endearing, He seems to savour every bite of food or chocolate or drink that he tastes. His eyes go far away and it is a usually a minute before he gives his honest appraisal. He definitely does not like anything sour and none of them were enamoured with Malt. Bless them, they tried out Fruit cocktail from a tin and didn't know any of the foreign fruits. They were convinced that they were in WATER and couldn't understand why they had not rotted in the tin!
Apparently they grow the most beautiful mango's and they of course know lemons and oranges. It was also fascinating when products from countries such as Sweden, Mexico and Australia were tested and they had not heard of the countries before. I am really enjoying watching it.
I believe they are thoroughly enjoying the testing and tasting as well.

Tiff, their favourite chocolate so far is the good old British Mars Bar and Bounty.
Tachyon

19-11-2020, 11:23 AM

I just watched the one where they were guessing the age of Hollywood actors, and I was roaring with laughter at one comment. One of the men said of a female actor (I think you get told off for saying 'actress' these days!) words to the effects that she looked like she had arranged her hair with an axe.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-11-2020, 12:43 PM

LOL, I haven't watched that clip yet but will definitely watch it as it is now just one of those left that I haven't seen. Still, I will thoroughly enjoy watching each one again until more are added.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top