Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 04:24 PM

Re: Loosing stuff

Carol...we all do it, I've spent ages looking for car keys, when they've been sitting there staring at me.....or laughing at me, some things have got a life of their own
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I regularly misplace things & it drives me mad!

Currently I am searching everywhere for my mobile phone - I know it's here somewhere.

I regularly misplace my glasses and keys - important stuff that I need.

Once I didn't find my keys for a fortnight & then by mistake in the pocket of a coat I don't wear.

How can I ensure I don't keep loosing things?

Do you have a method?
I have a key fob that will scream loudly if I whistle to find them .. best pressie my wife ever thought of
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:48 PM

I regularly misplace things & it drives me mad!

Currently I am searching everywhere for my mobile phone - I know it's here somewhere.

I regularly misplace my glasses and keys - important stuff that I need.

Once I didn't find my keys for a fortnight & then by mistake in the pocket of a coat I don't wear.

How can I ensure I don't keep loosing things?

Do you have a method?

Yes I have a method.... keys have a special place in the hall, and they go there as soon as I come in.

My mobile (such as it is) lives on the table in my bedroom but comes out with me when I go out. In my handbag when shopping and if walking it goes in my coat pocket with my house keys, so I have to nudge past the mobile to get to the keys, which makes me remember to take the mobile out at the same time, which then goes back on the table in the b/room.

Glad you've found it now Carol!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 06:45 PM

Do you have a method?
The best method I've managed to come up with after a lifetime of misplacing and losing things is this:

Make a list of everywhere it could possibly be, and then look somewhere else. That usually works for me.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 09:20 PM

The patron saint of lost things is Saint Tony.
To find lost things you must stand in the middle of the room,turn around three times clockwise and say out loud-"Tony,Tony,something lost and must be found" You never know it might work!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes I have a method.... keys have a special place in the hall, and they go there as soon as I come in.

My mobile (such as it is) lives on the table in my bedroom but comes out with me when I go out. In my handbag when shopping and if walking it goes in my coat pocket with my house keys, so I have to nudge past the mobile to get to the keys, which makes me remember to take the mobile out at the same time, which then goes back on the table in the b/room.

Glad you've found it now Carol!
That's exactly what I do Pesta. Everything has its place and is returned as soon as I have finished using it.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 11:55 PM

Phew that panic over. It's been driving me mad.

It just turned up in Tony's coat pocket. I'd asked him to carry it for me when we went a walk yesterday.

We're just going another walk now - that's how I found it!!

I get so mad at myself because I do things like this on a regular basis. I spent almost two hours this morning turning the house upside down!!

Aha. I was kinda right then.
Tony had put it 'somewhere safe' after all.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 01:08 AM

Oh yes.....I couldn’t find my torch...found it tonight in my sons pocket,I forgot I wore it the other night when I took the dogs out ,I washed it for him also mine,His was dry mine was still wet,so I wore his.

Carol I am always losing stuff or maybe I should say mislaid it ,then can’t find it,even though I just put it down.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 09:41 AM

I remember once hiding my bank and credit cards in my purse in the house before we went on holiday once I hid them in case we were burgled whilst we were away.....could I eckers like find them when I got back ....I totally forgot where I hid them....I found them eventually but it took ages
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 12:46 AM

Strange thing is: Tony has Alzheimer's and yet he never loses his keys or anything else!!

All his life he has had a place for everything. I try to be the same but it's not long before I forget again!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top