Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 02:30 PM

Lies, Lies and More Lies.

Afternoon all, not much happening as we all wait with bated breath and gnashing of teeth with every utterance that comes from ''a source in the EU'', so, although it is of course now water under the bridge, thought the article below is a timely reminder of what we are fighting for and would make a good read for you of just how we were utterly betrayed by Edward Heath and the likes of Geoffrey Rippon among others. Truthfully, these traitorous liars should have been put in the stocks and had swedes thrown at them.

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/fi...reat-betrayal/
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 03:21 PM

Re: Lies, Lies and More Lies.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Afternoon all, not much happening as we all wait with bated breath and gnashing of teeth with every utterance that comes from ''a source in the EU'', so, although it is of course now water under the bridge, thought the article below is a timely reminder of what we are fighting for and would make a good read for you of just how we were utterly betrayed by Edward Heath and the likes of Geoffrey Rippon among others. Truthfully, these traitorous liars should have been put in the stocks and had swedes thrown at them.

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/fi...reat-betrayal/
Well SG what a well constructed article ?
It confirms all that l have discovered for myself over the last five
years after returning to this country from abroad !!
I find it difficult to believe what can only be described as utter
stupidity on the part of our political leaders over the last 50yrs
in more ways than one ??
But, as you say, it is hopefully soon to be in the past if our leaders
display no more stupidity ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 07:58 PM

Please don't throw Swedes at the devious bunch.
Swedes aren't so bad - they refuse to accept the Euro as their currency just like we did.

May I suggest net bags of well-past-their-best Brussels Sprouts instead?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 08:06 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...bon-treaty-spt

When asked why a trade deal had not already been secured by chairman of The Spectator Andrew Neil, Wolfgang Munchau of EuroIntelligence said: "Both sides are to blame. The EU misjudged the Brexit process from the start and is still misjudging it now.

"There was too much hope that the UK would extend the deadline, they didn't believe Prime Minister Boris Johnson when he said he would not extend, they didn't expect to be in this position now.

"The assumption has been in Brussels that the UK needs a deal more urgently than the EU, and for that reason the UK has an interest in conceding."

However, a throwback interview by Giuliano Amato, a former Prime Minister of Italy, who helped draft the European Constitution and Lisbon Treaty, suggests something else entirely.

In order to leave the bloc, Britain had to invoke Article 50 of the Treaty on the European Union, which started a two-year process of withdrawal. Mr Amato, who wrote the now infamous Article 50, claimed it was largely for show.

He told a conference in Rome in 2017: "I wrote Article 50, so I know it well.

“My intention was that it should be a classic safety valve that was there, but never used.

"It is like having a fire extinguisher that should never have to be used.

"Instead, the fire happened.”

Mr Amato went on to describe Brexit as a "disaster", dubbed former Prime Minister David Cameron "mad" for calling a referendum over it and urged other countries not to follow suit.

The europhile's claims expose an ugly truth, which is that Article 50 was designed specifically so that no member state would contemplate triggering it.
Never assume you understand ask the questions because we all know what happens...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2020, 08:57 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...-alan-sked-spt

My father always said this was the plan. He would have taken no pleasure in being correct.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top