Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

17-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Apple Cider Vinegar discovery!

Yep, I know what you're saying, "Vicki how long has your head been buried?"
I'd seen all the Pinterest ads, Google results, and heard the talk boosting its health benefits but never tried it. I've been looking for something to ease my food cravings during my 13-hour nightshifts. I found an ACV tea recipe: 2 tbspns ACV, lemon juice, a dash or two of cayenne pepper and cinnamon in about 8/9 ozs. of hot water. I'm pleasantly surprised that this concoction is actually making me feel less hungry. Has anyone else added apple cider vinegar to their health routine?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 01:15 PM

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar discovery!

Originally Posted by Vickitee ->
Yep, I know what you're saying, "Vicki how long has your head been buried?"
I'd seen all the Pinterest ads, Google results, and heard the talk boosting its health benefits but never tried it. I've been looking for something to ease my food cravings during my 13-hour nightshifts. I found an ACV tea recipe: 2 tbspns ACV, lemon juice, a dash or two of cayenne pepper and cinnamon in about 8/9 ozs. of hot water. I'm pleasantly surprised that this concoction is actually making me feel less hungry. Has anyone else added apple cider vinegar to their health routine?
Hi Vicky & welcome.

No, I have never tried it but then I don't have a health routine either.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 01:56 PM

I take 2tbs of ACV & half tsp of bicarb in a glass of water every day...seems to have helped with My Ostioarthritas over the past few weeks...will wait and see how it goes but I haven't needed any pain-killers..so far ..so good
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 02:11 PM

My dentist told me it would destroy my teeth so I've never bothered with it.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 02:13 PM

It would definitely kill MY appetite because I'm probably be in the bathroom tossing my cookies for a half hour afterward

Where's Realist when we need him?
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 04:23 PM

I'm currently taking ACV with a level tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda, daily, instead of chemotherapy. Diagnosed with bowel cancer and operated on to remove the tumours 2 yrs ago, but after my own research I refused the chemo and started a daily regime of Bicarb and Maple Syrup. This lasted 3 months and I then needed 11 fillings in my teeth. So ... changed to ACV with the bicarb and got the latest all clear last October.
How it works apparently, is to alter the Ph level in your body. An alkaline one is best for cancer prevention/treatment. I have got some ph test sticks from Tinternet, and it is definitely working.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 05:00 PM

Wow,Emerald,that's fantastic...I don't know the whys or wherefores of how it works for Me..it just does...so far...and not needing pain-killers is a bonus as I hate taking them...I'm so pleased for You
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 05:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-oJ5bzlwTc
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 08:31 PM

Isn't it also meant to reduce spider veins?

Interesting stuff.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2017, 09:06 PM

Yep I've tried ACV. It is touted to have some strong health benefits.

We need to be clear first though. We are talking about the "real" ACV which is cloudy and contains the "mother" bacteria / yeast floating within it, as opposed to say the bottles of clear ACV that are readily available in some health stores and which some people use for making chutneys.

Sadly, I found I was unable to take ACV comfortably. People all of the internet were saying they could tolerate almost 1/2 to 1/2 a glass of ACV mixed with the same of water.

I couldn't tolerate even 2 teaspoons of ACV in a glass of water as the whole thing was so terribly acidic. It burned my stomach. I also believe like others that it would destroy the enamel of my teeth in time.

Vickitee, if you have been having food cravings then my advice would be to try and understand why you've been having them rather than trying to suppress them with ACV.

Typically many people are taking in piles of sugar without realising it because the sugars are hidden or not expected in the products they are eating. The sugars mess with your brain and digestion system and create food cravings and hence people start snacking.

Examples would be say a pot of Natural Yoghurt which has lots of sugar and no fibre, fruit juices which are piled with sugars and have very little fibre and so on.

I would urge you to read ALL the labels on all the products you have been regularly eating/drinking. It might surprise you how much sugar you've been taking in.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top