Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:34 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Say hello to his nibs in the Vatican for me Sweetie.
Of course, I am surprised to see you so late Jem.

I am just going to bed now.

Good Night Possums.

Good Night John Boy. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:37 AM

Some of the old actors and commentators had lovely speaking voices, I loved George Saunders when he opened his gob. Did you know he committed suicide?
I also love all the different accents from these isles, always loved the cockney one, but my favourite accent is the Scottish one, any part of Scotland.
The Kerry sound is excellent, they sing the words, only I find it hard to figure it out, I’m sure they find my Dublin one even harder to decipher.
We have a nice little international collection of accents here on scribbles. If we had to post by voices it would be a bit like the scene under the tower of Babel after the Lord took his revenge.

See what I mean.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:44 AM

A very good night to you too Sweetie.

There's no one more surprised than me to find meself here at this hour.
I fell asleep in the armchair, I just woke up and there's nobody here, the dogs asleep and the wife must be in bed.
I have a little errand to do before I log out.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:48 AM

I know the feeling.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:48 AM

well i did understand "cum back cum bacK" cos that's wot the ladies yell as I depart raising the british flag on the way out! begorra and t' be shore!

Perhaps a simple feather quill in gold on a silver backed medal engraved with “Gumbud” underneath it? I’ll stamp my own makers mark on the back of it to make it authentic.

yes that will be lovely Jem - I'll let ya know when Um flyin in ya know?

could be this year or next and I suppose shettie and SP will want to cum too? my fan club ya know!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 01:11 PM

Good Afternoon Possums.
I love accent's, they are fascinating.
The only one I am not keen on is NI!
Those with that accent always sound cross to me.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 01:50 PM

I,m sorry Sweetie Pie but you won,t see any monkeys.
They are Apes, Barbary Apes. The difference being, monkeys have tails, apes do not.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-03-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I,m sorry Sweetie Pie but you won,t see any monkeys.
They are Apes, Barbary Apes. The difference being, monkeys have tails, apes do not.
Eh? I was referring to Northern Ireland????
You lost me you devil.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 02:38 PM

Oooops!! Slipped up somewhere but I thought I read you were looking forward to seeing the monkeys in Gibraltar.
Put it down to senility.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-03-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Oooops!! Slipped up somewhere but I thought I read you were looking forward to seeing the monkeys in Gibraltar.
Put it down to senility.
Not a problem. Welcome to Scribbles.
I did a photo thread on my trip to Gibraltar, I love it there.
You live near me too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top