Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 10:26 PM

Re: Do you have lighting problems taking photos?

I will try and spend more time composing the photos as to being level and use f9 against f2.8 more often for better DOF.

Usually the party or tour group if on a cruise, don't allow any time to consider all aspects of taking a photo. They just rush through whatever even leaving stragglers way behind. That has happened on more times than I can think of, even one falling down and the tour guide didn't even know.

I really not that bothered if they are not technically correct, they are not for competition or anything, just for my own pleasure.
Still I am always willing to learn from others as I have got this far by myself
Suppose I should use a tripod against hand held might help

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Steve
have a look at this link I just posted, may explain the focus issue

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...56#post1821856
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Steve
have a look at this link I just posted, may explain the focus issue

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...56#post1821856
I understand about internet photo degradation and I also understand about focusing issues, however Baz, most of your shots that you have posted on here are not in focus. Even my shots sometimes look bad and it makes me mad too.
Here is an example of one of mine that I took a couple of weeks ago on the Olympus

Not perfect and has been compressed.
Without a light meter of course
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:44 AM

I will try and spend more time composing the photos as to being level and use f9 against f2.8 more often for better DOF.

Usually the party or tour group if on a cruise, don't allow any time to consider all aspects of taking a photo. They just rush through whatever even leaving stragglers way behind. That has happened on more times than I can think of, even one falling down and the tour guide didn't even know.

I really not that bothered if they are not technically correct, they are not for competition or anything, just for my own pleasure.
Still I am always willing to learn from others as I have got this far by myself
Suppose I should use a tripod against hand held might help

Be fair with me Baz, that shot is crap. It is over exposed, not straight and has been mangled far too far in your photo editing suite. I understand that you are not bothered if it isn't technically correct. However, please post some of your recent shots.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 06:10 PM

No.....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-11-2019, 02:06 AM

taken on tabletop tripod

Nikon D810 lens Nikon 50mm- f10- ISO 640-0.6" auto white balance

Well I like it anyway. I was going to crop out some of the right hand side than thought it give her room to move into, so left it

Amazed she stayed almost still for half a second
gasman
Kent, UK

28-11-2019, 09:31 PM

taken on tabletop tripod

Nikon D810 lens Nikon 50mm- f10- ISO 640-0.6" auto white balance

Well I like it anyway. I was going to crop out some of the right hand side than thought it give her room to move into, so left it

Amazed she stayed almost still for half a second
Two questions for you.
1. Why did you shoot at f10 - that is used for landscapes and not portraiture. You should have used f1.8 on your lens to blur the background (bokeh)
2. Why did you leave room for the dog to move into? - that is for a moving subject.
I could have understood if mentioned the 'rule of thirds' , which isn't a rule, just a guideline.
Your shot, once again, is out of focus even though you used a tripod!
I took your shot and run it through Lightroom very quickly. It is still out of focus, but somewhat different now.

Still not the best I admit.
gasman
Kent, UK

28-11-2019, 09:57 PM

Another quick version.
[/url]
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-11-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Two questions for you.
1. Why did you shoot at f10 - that is used for landscapes and not portraiture. You should have used f1.8 on your lens to blur the background (bokeh)
2. Why did you leave room for the dog to move into? - that is for a moving subject.
I could have understood if mentioned the 'rule of thirds' , which isn't a rule, just a guideline.
Your shot, once again, is out of focus even though you used a tripod!
I took your shot and run it through Lightroom very quickly. It is still out of focus, but somewhat different now.

Still not the best I admit.
A

I am wondering if it is your monitor that is out of focus. That picture is spot on on the nose and eyes. In yours the guard hairs on the body are well out. Also your crop has totally removed the surroundings which I wanted left . Anything will go out of focus if you zoom in as you have done. Nothing wrong with my setup as I had only just fine tuned the camera and lens with a spyderlensCal and that was spot on. using f1.8 gives very little DOF again not what I wanted as he background I wanted in the photo.
gasman
Kent, UK

28-11-2019, 10:07 PM

My monitor is fine, even though I am going to get a new one soon. I have just been looking at D00d's shots and they look good here, as do other peoples photos. How did you shoot this - spot or matrix metering?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top