Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:16 AM

Emotion

Is emotion more important than a television programme explanation and is it life changing?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:40 AM

Re: Emotion

It's very real and very personal. It's the most important thing of all. I have heard more than a few people remark in varying words that people devoid of emotion, regardless of their looks or intellect, are in the literal sense of the word, repulsive. Without emotion you may as well be dead. As always, just my opinion. But..I would argue that there are very very few people that are totally devoid of emotion. Those that are I would consider disabled in a very real sense.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
It's very real and very personal. It's the most important thing of all. I have heard more than a few people remark in varying words that people devoid of emotion, regardless of their looks or intellect, are in the literal sense of the word, repulsive. Without emotion you may as well be dead. As always, just my opinion. But..I would argue that there are very very few people that are totally devoid of emotion. Those that are I would consider disabled in a very real sense.
Excellent post, Keezoy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is emotion more important than a television programme explanation and is it life changing?
I have learnt to control my emotions,not the other way around,makes for healthy living..."for me".
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
i have learnt to control my emotions,not the other way around,makes for healthy living..."for me".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 08:35 AM

Emotions are a funny thing, its hard to know if they are controlled or purged.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yep.
Emotion is what distinguishes our humanity or at least ‘should.’
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Emotions are peculiar....it's like there is another you inside and sometimes that other you refuses to do as it's told so you just have to give in.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 01:25 PM

Ourselves and our emotions are all we are in control of in our lives. Nobody other than ourselves have control over us, we have to deliberately 'allow' anything that another person wishes to control in us. We also have no control over what others do, only they have this control. The same with our emotions, they come from within us, from our minds, therefore ultimately we have control over our emotions and nobody else does.

Take for example, the emergency services and the traumatic events they deal with. Their training allows them to mentally 'switch off' from whatever they are dealing with or they couldn't do their work. Later though, they have to 'deal' with those emotions, again training teaches them how to do this, which is necessary, to allow them to be 'human beings' with human emotions.

I know people who on the face of it are without emotions, the truth is though that they manage to control them so well they don't show, it's others who make this assumption. Beneath that, and when they choose, they can be as emotional as anyone else.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 01:31 PM

I wonder what makes some more emotional than others? I'm always surprised at how easily some people cry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top