Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 04:51 PM

Re: How Did Cheating Become Acceptable?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Surely that depends on what you are successful at!

If you are talking about those who make money out of cheating, the chances are that they got it by criminal activities or used it for criminal activities. I wonder how many more successful Weinsteins there are , that use money to abuse women?

Honest people are not suckers, they are honest & win respect from other decent, honest people. When the successful cheaters get old & infirm they may enjoy their lonely existence in a high class care home, but the decent honest people will still have somebody to care about them!
LOL! No, I really did.

If ever there was a modern slant on Aesop's "fox and the grapes" that was it.

The ONLY thing that money can't buy is poverty.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
LOL! No, I really did.

The ONLY thing that money can't buy is poverty.
Not sure what you did?

Never read Aesop's "fox and the grapes" I was too busy dealing with real life.

I worked hard all my life so never experienced poverty. I have helped a few decent people who needed a little financial help, and am still friends with all if them!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
That may be, however, the most successful among us are cheaters. They believe that honest people are just suckers.

So you have achieved whatever you have in life, by cheating others?

What on earth is there to be proud of in that?
Who wants a reputation as a liar and cheat?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 08:14 PM

LOL! No, I really did.

The ONLY thing that money can't buy is poverty

Erm, not quite, Todger.

Money can't buy love, either.

It can buy you plenty of hangers-on, liars, cheats, criminals, and other undesirables, and if those are the type you wants to attract or associate with, that is your choice.
I wouldn't want to have to spend my days looking over my shoulder though.

Personally, that is not, and never will be any part of my world, and I am happy with that.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Not sure what you did?

Never read Aesop's "fox and the grapes" I was too busy dealing with real life.

I worked hard all my life so never experienced poverty. I have helped a few decent people who needed a little financial help, and am still friends with all if them!
l

Me?

In a nutshell started life in a dog rough neighborhood a street away from a really based ass slum- born '45.

School, bits of naughty stuff but nothing heavy - then graduated.

First job - 3 weeks and blew it. Realised academia just wasn't my bag so moved to electronics engineer post by "blagging it" and next job lasted 18 months then blew it.

Next job, well that was for a total of thirty years during which I made several career changes ending up retiring as technical director of an overseas optical development unit of the company that I joined thirty years previously.

Had an absolute ball!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-12-2019, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So you have achieved whatever you have in life, by cheating others?

What on earth is there to be proud of in that?
Who wants a reputation as a liar and cheat?
But I really couldn't give a stuff what other people think. I sorta enjoy this forum because it's rather fun seeing how people think and react but that's about all.

Small point though, what I've done has on occasions needed to do things that meant taking advantages that showed themselves, but by no means have I wandered around ripping off everyone I encountered, just that when it was markedly advantageous to do so then if I could I did.

Nothing wrong in that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-12-2019, 12:20 AM

But I really couldn't give a stuff what other people think. I sorta enjoy this forum because it's rather fun seeing how people think and react but that's about all.

Small point though, what I've done has on occasions needed to do things that meant taking advantages that showed themselves, but by no means have I wandered around ripping off everyone I encountered, just that when it was markedly advantageous to do so then if I could I did.

Nothing wrong in that.

Todger, I think if you look back, you will find my post which you have hi-lighted (post 33), was addressed to Savvy - not you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Yes he is saying that. I've commented in many threads over the past few months where I've noticed he has posted in as well and have noticed that side of his attitude. The thing is he openly admits to it as well.

You have to accept there are people in this world who are like that. Cheaters and dishonest people flourish in this world because those above them got where they are by being a cheater or being dishonest themselves. They do not follow rules and laws because to do so is time consuming, having to follow 'red tape', it is therefore much quicker to get what they want by going around the rules and laws. This is why people who have morals and ethics are very rarely in positions of power because they are too honest, not able to lie, tell the truth too much.
There are many people like this and they DO get on .
It’s sad but true.
They say virtue is its own reward which is just as well because it won’t get much else.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:35 AM

Cheating is NEVER acceptable.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
That may be, however, the most successful among us are cheaters. They believe that honest people are just suckers.
You must have met my parents.
Liars and cheats disgust me in all aspects of life.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top