Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:42 PM

Re: Seance

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I would say you are mediumistic and intuitive and with a trusted teacher you could develop your mediumistic abilities . But of course it's not for everyone .

Very interesting
Not interest in any of that now way, happy a I am, that is not to say if other are , but be very very careful meddling in something unknown.
I can't explain how what or why in the above , it just happened in my thoughts. Never tried or want to know.

My mother was the same she had similar, maybe it is the celtic blood (her being Cornish) who knows, her family go back centuries living in Cornwall.

So far back they discovered a small church in the sand dunes where they lived (been in it and held about 12 people, now covered back up due to vandals).

There were 6 gravestones there ,and on one of them was my mothers family crest. Oh that church was dated to about 1000 ad by the way

On my fathers side came originally from North Wales and the family crest had 2 rampant lions giving support to the crest. Now this is only allowed on royal crests nowadays and we believe his ancestors ruled one of the seven little kingdoms at the time, when ever that was
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wish people wouldn't mess with these Ouija boards.
They can be unsettling at least, and dangerous at the worst.
They are not an alternative party game for people who have no idea what they are doing.
Leave well alone.
They are dangerous, I agree.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It can be just as difficult speaking to the living.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Well ST as your interested

When we had our second house, a typical 1930's 3 bed with single garage a couple of strange things happened concerning my neighbours

First one was next door Tom and Joan , lovely people. Sue and i were in our little row of shops and coming out of he local building society we saw an ambulance parked on the pavement outside Boots the chemist. As we walked past we saw Tom was on a chair being looked after buy the ambulance men. So we went in and tom asked if we could tell Joan and he as off to hospital for a checkup.

So got home and told Joan , later on same day Tom was released from hospital
Now Sue again will vouch for this, i sad to Sue tom isn't going to make it and Sue said what rubbish he was released and let go home.

Couple of days later he was back into hospital and passed away , forget what it was that he died from. Lymph glands come to mind but might be wrong
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second time was again a neighbour . I saw the nurse go into terry and Elaine's home about mid day. Later on Elaine was in the back garden so i asked if she was ok, the nurse went because she was expecting

I did admit to Sue she is going to loose the baby and that same evening she was rushed into hospital and my prediction was correct. If only it wasn't I felt terrible

How the hell did I know?????

Why does this happen to me????? i don't want need or even think about it and recently have been able to block such unwanted sudden thoughts out

I can relate to both those instances, Realspeed.

When I was 12yrs old my younger sister had to have a kidney removed. Next day we were due to visit the hospital at afternoon visiting time - but I had an overwhelming feeling that something was wrong. I begged mother to ask the people in the upstairs flat if she could use their telephone to call the hospital but she would not. About 10:30am, Mrs from upstairs came and said there was a call for mother. She came back white and shaking. My sister had died from 'post operative shock'. Mother didn't speak one word to me for almost six months after that.

A few years later - my older brother, home on leave from RN, was due to travel back to Portsmouth. He had been a bit sick that morning but put it down to a hangover, went off and caught his train. Once again I had that 'something wrong' feeling - but kept quiet about it. Late that night we had a 'phone call from the base at Portsmouth. The brother had to be taken off the train just outside London and rushed to hospital - he had a burst appendix!

These things are not easily explained, Realspeed. A lot of people put them them down to coincidence or flights of fancy - which is why I do not talk about them very much - but they do happen. I can tell when one of my cats is not well because the colour of their aura changes from it's normal yellowish orange to a murky grey.

I believe we are all born with powerful instincts/intuition - a sixth sense, if you like - but all too often people become more reliant on other things and fail to develop their natural abilities.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:33 AM

I have said on here that l don’t believe in ghosts and that sort of thing but when l was about 19, l had started to going out with someone and whilst out one night we met some other friends.

Later, about six of us went back to one of the boy’s house. We were sitting around a table having a drink, (l only drank soft drinks as l was usually driving) chatting and one of the boys was doing that thing on the rim of a glass and it made a humming sound.

Next, one of them turned a tumbler upside down and said, ‘Shall we have a seance?’ So we did.
They wrote the alphabet and numbers on bits of paper and placed them in a circle.
We all put our pointy finger on the glass and whizzed the glass around near the letters and numbers.

I can’t remember exactly, but we got in touch with a boy who had died at young age.

I didn’t believe it and scoffed at it all and said they were making it up. One of them said, ‘Let’s ask him something about you that no one here knows’.
I said, ‘Ok, what is my middle name?’
They all put their fingers on the glass and the next thing, it was spelling out my name! It spelled it in the correct way as there are variations on its spelling. I was shocked!

The next day, the boy whose house it was said, ‘My dad asked what went on last night as the house felt very strange this morning’.

I have never dabbled since. I think it’s dangerous.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:52 AM

To paraphrase Oscar "As long as it doesn't frighten the horses ---".
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 12:46 PM

I'll tell ya all a true story to send shivers down your spine .

A friend was with her mates and they decided to play with a ouija board . A spirit entity came through very clearly and wrote the message

Jean your brother is going to kill you ..........

The girls stopped immediately and laughed at the nonsense of the evening . Jean was late home and missed her bus and waited another half hour alone in the dark for the later bus .

Running up the path to her house the front door flew open and her enraged distruaght brother grabbed hold of her and shouted

" I'm gonna kill you . Why are you so late. I've been worried sick "

Makes you think eh
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=Silver Tabby;1830630]I can relate to both those instances, Realspeed.

I believe we are all born with powerful instincts/intuition - a sixth sense, if you like - but all too often people become more reliant on other things and fail to develop their natural abilities.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for cutting your post down, Tabs, but it was your last sentence that I felt was important.

I too, believe we are born with certain instincts and intuition.
I also believe some people go on to learn how to develop them and how to use them safely, but others find life takes over and they go off in different directions altogether.
Like anything that isn't used, it stops working eventually.

I also believe many animals have 'hidden senses' too.
But their lives are simple compared to ours. Their lives are not full of the internet, mobile phones and looking after family and jobs, so with more uncluttered minds, they retain theirs gifts better than we do.
We won't always know what they feel or see though, being as they don't speak about it!

We are often told about children 'seeing' things, and playing and talking to their 'imaginary friends.'
I happen to believe them.

There is a lot I could say on this subject, but because of ridicule, I won't.
Anyway, if people are interested, it is up to them to research for themselves, and for those who aren't, well I'd be wasting my breath anyway.

Apart from that, this thread is supposed to be about Seances, which I would never take lightly.
I think we already have a couple of other threads on spooky goings-on, started by Longdogs and Bread.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
We are having seance meetings advertised around here.
Do you believe there are gifted people who can contact those beyond the grave or, like me, believe it is just a big con.
It's all utter gonads and more like old remnants of instincts from when we survived as knuckle scrapers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[QUOTE=Silver Tabby;1830630]I can relate to both those instances, Realspeed.

Sorry for cutting your post down, Tabs, but it was your last sentence that I felt was important.

I too, believe we are born with certain instincts and intuition.
I also believe some people go on to learn how to develop them and how to use them safely, but others find life takes over and they go off in different directions altogether.
Like anything that isn't used, it stops working eventually.

I also believe many animals have 'hidden senses' too.
But their lives are simple compared to ours. Their lives are not full of the internet, mobile phones and looking after family and jobs, so with more uncluttered minds, they retain theirs gifts better than we do.
We won't always know what they feel or see though, being as they don't speak about it!

We are often told about children 'seeing' things, and playing and talking to their 'imaginary friends.'
I happen to believe them.

There is a lot I could say on this subject, but because of ridicule, I won't.
Anyway, if people are interested, it is up to them to research for themselves, and for those who aren't, well I'd be wasting my breath anyway.

Apart from that, this thread is supposed to be about Seances, which I would never take lightly.
I think we already have a couple of other threads on spooky goings-on, started by Longdogs and Bread.[/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top