Join for free
Page 6 of 42 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 01:28 PM

Re: What A Loss (?)

You'd think there would wouldn't you as Article are the same company who designed/handled Meghans daily blog (now defunct).
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 01:28 PM

Even Royals have only one life to live. Who can blame them for wanting to live it in peace.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
Even Royals have only one life to live. Who can blame them for wanting to live it in peace.
While they continue to predate on the British tax payers I CAN AND DO.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 04:17 PM

If They want to be independent from 'the firm'...let 'em...no skin off My nose...will wait and see if They are true to Their word
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
It seems unfair, whipped up by the media as usual, that their decision is being blamed on Meghan.
Harry is a man in his mid thirties, who has fought in Afghanistan, a father and champion of charities.
Why are so many portraying him as some poor sap who isn't capable of making his own decisions.
The whole royalty thing is an anachronism, who can blame them for wanting a more normal life for themselves and their child.
As l said Xandra, nothing wrong with what they say they wan, but
why was it necassary to keep it as a last minute surprise?
Why not as l also said couldnt they call a board meetiny between
the other directors and the MD and then issue a joint statement??
What is the problem with that? Its the grown up way and normal
business practice!
As an aside, lnthink if they do leave the country they should be
subject to the same financial laws as us regarding any money they
wish to take out of the country, and should not retain any ties
whatever involving disbursements from the royal purse to themselves!
Even the so called charity they have just dreamed up is suspect?
Independence means just that, not keeping a lifeline open for future
needs!
They have ample funds by the sound of it to start their new life
with INDEPENDANCE?

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
The trouble with royals Savvy is they start at the top and its all
downhill from then?
Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
While they continue to predate on the British tax payers I CAN AND DO.

They were saying today that Harry has over £40 million, and Meghan has her own money as well.
It was said they are a wealthy couple.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They were saying today that Harry has over £40 million, and Meghan has her own money as well.
It was said they are a wealthy couple.
So in the case of Ginge and the rest of them follow the money back and see how much they "inherited" and failed to pay tax on and ripped off the general public by way of their "Inherited Lands". As for that awful Markle thing just what did she do other than be a variation of the Kardashians?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 12:27 AM

I have read all this with interest. I can honestly say now that I can see both sides of the issue. I had no idea how unilateral - or duo lateral? - their decision was. That does smack of unbridled entitlement. Even for Royals. As two adults I think they have a right to do what they want within the law but when it comes to paying for it - yes a very contentious issue. If they want to do their own thing they have to pay. Maybe even pay back something to the consolidated UK coffers?..That's fair. And security?..that's out of their own pocket too. THe rest is your problem to sort out. But on the other side why is Meaghan Markle a "horrible thing"?...Do you know her personally?..maybe you do. I don't know. Unless you're Hitler or Pol Pot or some other monster do personal insults at that level serve any purpose other than to demean the one that issues them?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have read all this with interest. I can honestly say now that I can see both sides of the issue. I had no idea how unilateral - or duo lateral? - their decision was. That does smack of unbridled entitlement. Even for Royals. As two adults I think they have a right to do what they want within the law but when it comes to paying for it - yes a very contentious issue. If they want to do their own thing they have to pay. Maybe even pay back something to the consolidated UK coffers?..That's fair. And security?..that's out of their own pocket too. THe rest is your problem to sort out. But on the other side why is Meaghan Markle a "horrible thing"?...Do you know her personally?..maybe you do. I don't know. Unless you're Hitler or Pol Pot or some other monster do personal insults at that level serve any purpose other than to demean the one that issues them?
I agree that they should pay their way now but don't see why they would pay back anything. You shouldn't have to buy your freedom whoever you are.

Page 6 of 42 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top