Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Question for you techies Flash 10

I see Photobucket suggests downloading this rather than using the simple uploader, apparently it is faster. Does anyone know if it uses a lot of memory? I have an older computer and dial up so uploading pics is very slow, am used to that, but wonder if the Flash would take up too much memory? Probably a dumb question, but you never learn unless you ask.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 12:28 AM

Re: Question for you techies Flash 10

If you can use flash it makes no difference, but I have never had success using the flash uploader!
I think you might well struggle.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 05:42 PM

I have used Photobucket for years and never found it slow to upload(I have Broadband so that may help) I have know it to 'Hang' on odd occaisions though.
Never thought of downloading it even though I have loads of memory to spare.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 08:38 PM

It's probably the broadband, I suspect, AB, it can take from 5 to 15 minutes to upload a pic, depending on how much detail is in it, I think. So you don't know if Flash 10 uses a lot of memory?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2010, 12:49 AM

I find Flash 10 to be slow tbh, esp for watching videos etc :-/
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

10-09-2010, 02:31 AM

Thank you all for the replies, but what I'm asking is it really faster uploading to PhotoBucket than their simple uploader, and does it use up a lot of memory???
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Thank you all for the replies, but what I'm asking is it really faster uploading to PhotoBucket than their simple uploader, and does it use up a lot of memory???
The Flash 10 program takes about 3Mb of disc space, after that I am not certain what it does but will try to find out for you.
I just downloaded 2 photo's to Photobucket.
One was 2.2 Mb and the other was the same photo resized and was 218Kb.

The first one took 30 seconds and the second one took 9 seconds.

I suggest that you resize your photo's prior to downloading them to photobucket until you find out about Flash 10 mags.
I shall return when and If.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

10-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Thanks, AB! I decided not to do the Flash: PB says the faster one is Flash 10, but when I went to download it seems that with my OSX and Firefox I can only get the 9, so didn't/

As to resizing: before PB changed the site recently, I had it set that my pics would always upload at the recommended Forum size, 320 x 240, I believe. But there seems not to be an option now, so I'm assuming that's still valid for me.... ?? But don't know how to check it.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

11-09-2010, 08:35 AM

DM, open the PB album that your picture is in, find the picture and click on the 'edit' tab over the top of the picture.

This will open your picture in the 'edit' window.
On the task bar above the picture you will see the 'resize' button, click on that and the task bar will change to how you want to resize your picture, 'preset sizes, width, percentage etc. Just click on those and experiment.
You can save your resized picture as a copy and if it is not right just delete it.

I hope this makes sense, if not just say so.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

11-09-2010, 04:35 PM

AB, sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was trying to say is that I think all my pics have been uploaded at the 320 x 240 size, as that is what I picked as the option.

I do know how to resize in PBs Edit, but use another site for that which is much faster than PB, and less confusing.

Thanks for your patience explaining things!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top