Join for free
Page 43 of 53 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:40 PM

Re: Maddy McCann

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
When my children were small I bought some Calpol from a local pharmacy just in case it was needed. When hearing I would soon be going on holiday with the children, the pharmacist suggested I routinely give them a couple of spoons each to make sure they slept through the night. I think it was probably a routine thing in those days, particularly for children who may not sleep through. It's possible Maddie was given some if she was likely to be fretful, not only to sleep through the night but to ensure she didn't wake while her parents weren't there and go wandering. Medical people must have thought this was fairly routine and absolutely nothing to worry about............it's hardly an overdose!!!! So why jump to stupid suggestions about swingers - for heaven's sake. Given the circumstances I think a couple of spoons of Calpol is the least of their worries - it's your silly accusations which are absurd!
Lindyloo, Where are my silly, absurd accusations in my simple comment about Calpol?

Edited to say....You’ve left the thread now but but maybe your comment was meant for Apricot, as l made no accusations.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:49 PM

Art I don’t think Lindy meant you I think she is referring to Apricots post
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Art I don’t think Lindy meant you I think she is referring to Apricots post
Thanks Muddy, l think you’re right.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Apricot, l can’t believe two trained, experienced doctors would give their child an overdose of Calpol?

I thought Calpol was for pain or reducing a child’s fever but not to make them sleep?
Calpol would be the LAST thing an MD would give to a kid to make it sleep. For one thing it has no sedative action. Calpol contains paracetamol and an overdose, even a slight overdose is potentially fatal because it often causes irrecoverable liver damage.

I had a very good friend commit suicide by "Nightnurse" which contained a high %age of paracetamol.

He regained consciousness but the damage was done. It took him three days to die.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thanks Muddy, l think you’re right.
Yes - Muddy is right. So many posts, it's hard to keep up! Apologies for not being clear.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Calpol helps a child sleep,
Exactly. And I can't believe two spoonfuls can be considered an overdose.........but this is exactly what the pharmacist suggested I do to "get a good night's sleep"!

A lightly drugged child would be much easier to abduct than a child who is crying and struggling.
to
As far as so-called "evidence" purportedly found by the Potortuguese police is concerned...........I wouldn't believe anything that police force said they'd found! They were SO inept and basically uninterested in Maddy's disappearance............totally and horribly useless.

I refuse to holiday in Portugal...........because of that!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:04 PM

Why has this gone on so long, what would be a satisfactory outcome?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:05 PM

The Thread, not the real issue.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

08-06-2020, 10:08 PM

Because for people who have been through such a terrible tragedy - and there cannot be anything worse than the unresolved loss of a child - to be accused of doing their own daughter harm is surely only in the minds of equally disgusting people!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

08-06-2020, 10:12 PM

But no one knows anything for. sure

Page 43 of 53 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top