Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 12:01 AM

Re: Steam mops.

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
If you mix bleach with other chemicals to clean a toilet bowl the other surface affected could be one that would become extremely uncomfortable.
Tony I don't think many people put grout on the loo bowl
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Carol, you can buy small hand held nozzle directed steamers, I think they're better for tiles. never used one but since it's just the grout you're doing might be more suitable - might be on your hands and knees though! Just noticed you meant shower area so no kneeling involved..
I bought one recently and the first time I attempted to use it with the nozzle attachment it shot out like a bullet with a loud bang, scaring me half to death! It couldn't be fixed and thankfully I got my money back,I'd never buy that type again!
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 02:46 AM

You can buy grout cleaner and mould spray from Amazon. Only about Five pounds.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I bought one recently and the first time I attempted to use it with the nozzle attachment it shot out like a bullet with a loud bang, scaring me half to death! It couldn't be fixed and thankfully I got my money back,I'd never buy that type again!
Same here, managed to try it - useless - gave up with that idea - Hubs is pretty good with the jif and toothbrush
My days of grout cleaning are over, will try the added bleach .......
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 05:43 AM

For years, my all-purpose cleaner has been bleach mixed with Sunlight dishwashing liquid.
Cleans everything. Including grout.
It's probably close to the jif and bleach mixture!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Hmm, always wonder about the claims made with these things - don't think I'll be buying one, then!! If I want to shoot I'll go the firing range!!

Looks like Carol needs the toothbrush, some Jif and a little bleach....... oh and Patsy's hubby!! lol
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 12:38 PM

Good idea !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:11 AM

Hmm - well it looks like I'll be sticking to the toothbrush/bleach method of cleaning my grout.
Are steam cleaners good for anything else them?- I've read they can clean ovens!!

If you have a steam cleaner - how do you rate it?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Carol - I tried it on me oven - did nothing !
Maybe they are just good for freshening up upholstery ......
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 06:09 PM

Warm water with a quarter of bleach to the amount of water plus a toothbrush.....jobs a good un.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top