Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2014, 09:47 AM

How I cured my woodlice infestation

Up until a few weeks ago (fingers crossed), I would find a load of dead woodlice on the carpet by my French window. I Googled the problem, and it said if they come inside they dry out and die, as they need damp to survive. I was vacuuming up loads of them every day!

Till I went outside with my weapon - ant and crawling insect powder - and puffed liberal amounts into the cracks and air vents in the wall directly underneath the French door. Result? No more dead bodies. Hurrah!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2014, 11:53 AM

Re: How I cured my woodlice infestation

I wondered what killed them (I thought it was the cat ) had no idea they need damp to survive! Glad you got it sorted
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I wondered what killed them (I thought it was the cat ) had no idea they need damp to survive! Glad you got it sorted
I don't have a cat. I can only guess they were getting in under the carpet from the outside, through the vents. I've not seen a dead body for a couple of weeks now so my plan worked.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Well done Jazzi.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2014, 03:51 AM

Makes you feel great when you have solved a problem.
Good on you, Jazzi.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top