Join for free
melo
New Member!
Shropshire
melo is male 

13-10-2014, 10:30 AM

Dogs and Garden Mud

Since we moved home, the dogs are continually bringing mud in to the house now that the weather is changing. Thinking of ideas how I can build a temporary (winter) fence thats not expensive but enough to keep the dogs on the flagged area (to do their toilet activity) which we can keep clean and hose down etc. Thoughts/Ideas?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2014, 11:39 AM

Re: Dogs and Garden Mud

I moved this year and when it came to planning my garden ,i wanted a garden which my dog would be able to go out all weathers and i wouldn't have to wash the floor and. Her ,So i took up the lawn and what i did was laid blue slate and slabs.and in between the bushes is slabs.So she as the full run of the garden and comes in clean .
Ive been down the road of putting fence up at the last house ,confining them just didn't work for me .you will get a concentrated smell and if you swill with disinfectant thats just as bad ..
Just my opinion.
melo
New Member!
Shropshire
melo is male 

13-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Re: Dogs and Garden Mud

Hi Eliza
I would agree longer term that your approach is best. In the interim I am scratching my head thinking of something along the lines of a lean to that's simple to construct and which also has a short wall type construction around its sides to dissuade the dogs from wandering. Yes the smells wont be great but think we can handle that with hose and drain very close by. Thoughts from anyone?. maybe some sort of lean to pvc pipes like a polytunnel sort of thing?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top