Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:08 PM

Re: Are you Happy with your Hair

I have yet to meet a woman who is really happy with the head of hair God gave her, and as it's an ill wind and all that the hairdressers are laughing all the way to the bank.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:10 PM

Yes mostly. It's halfway down my back, but I wear it up in a clip most days. It's not quite as thick as it used to be, but there's still a lot of it. Still quite wavey too. I miss my dark colour though,it's a sort of platinum colour now, but I've gotten used to it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have yet to meet a woman who is really happy with the head of hair God gave her, and as it's an ill wind and all that the hairdressers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Surely men are just as hung up over their locks or lack of them and the only difference is when mens hair blows in the breeze, they are just too proud to chase it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:18 PM

My hair is nothing like it was when I was younger, but I still look after it, always condition it and also have subtle hi-lites put in.
I still get an occasional compliment, so I guess it must look alright.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:38 PM

I'm reasonably happy with my hair, it's not as thick as it used to be but it grows really fast. I have it cut every 6 weeks to give it some shape and stop it getting unruly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm reasonably happy with my hair, it's not as thick as it used to be but it grows really fast. I have it cut every 6 weeks to give it some shape and stop it getting unruly.

Same here Mags. I have mine trimmed every 6 weeks. I'm sure it helps keep it healthy.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:46 PM

I`ve just had what is left cut. A far cry from the early 70s when it was so long I trimmed split hairs and sometimes stayed in to dry it.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=Aysa;739851]Well ive got no hair atm but when I did have hair I was reasonably happy with it..I straightened it as its naturally curly and thick...now being temporarily bald (due to chemo) I dont miss it at all,its really quite liberating getting up in the mornings and not having to worry about getting my hair looking "right"...who knows what it will grow back like but I think I will keep it ultra short for a while [/QUOT

However it grows back you will love it X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Surely men are just as hung up over their locks or lack of them and the only difference is when mens hair blows in the breeze, they are just too proud to chase it
I like that one.
I have never complained about me hair, I could have said I have a grand head of hair still but I’m a sensitive creature and think of my fellow male members who may not be so well bestowed. Grey it may well be, but you know what they say “Better grey than gone away”
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Well ive got no hair atm but when I did have hair I was reasonably happy with it..I straightened it as its naturally curly and thick...now being temporarily bald (due to chemo) I dont miss it at all,its really quite liberating getting up in the mornings and not having to worry about getting my hair looking "right"...who knows what it will grow back like but I think I will keep it ultra short for a while
There is something good about being bald... you don't have to wash your hair! Mine was waist length when I had my chemo and I lost it all, but 4 years later it has grown to way past the bottom of my shoulder blades again.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top