Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 02:11 PM

Re: GRASS ... it cometh

My patch is a bit patchy ... + it didn't help that a friend trod all over it !

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 03:04 PM

Add friends to the List

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Add friends to the List

Oooooo ... good idea
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
My patch is a bit patchy ... + it didn't help that a friend trod all over it !

Can't help thinking the grass seeds are ONTOP of the earth? Ain't you suppose to bury em?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

20-08-2015, 10:05 PM

One has had many gardening books and for a number of years and something called an iMac (it's a computer) for about a decade.

One is able (and does, frequently) search for information, because one likes to get it right and give everything a fair chance.

Thank you for your concern
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
One has had many gardening books and for a number of years and something called an iMac (it's a computer) for about a decade.

One is able (and does, frequently) search for information, because one likes to get it right and give everything a fair chance.

Thank you for your concern
So you should have buried em then?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 11:12 PM

When we moved in here last year( doesn't seem that long ago) the lawn well was not it was full of moss, actually we got up 13 industrial large sacks of the stuff or more.

yes it was this bad all over afterwards

The "lawn looked more like a mud playground. With spiking and treatment and lawn seed it is just about returning to what is should be, by next year itshould look ok

Got it back to this ,another part of the garden but same as other side with previous bald area

I found this gadget on the internet for spiking the lawn

after spiking

and this cheap attachment for the petrol mower to get up the thick moss

Now it will just be a lawn mower as above with cutting blades attached instead and an electric lawn rake /scarifier

should be lot less work from now on
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 08:23 AM

Same area of garden this morning

So it is coming along nicely, needs mowing just a few small patches which will grass over soon and hardly any moss if there is at all
The seeds where necessary were raked in with top soil compost just to give it something easy to help growth
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Looking good RS ... nice and flat too
I guess that's one advantage of having a modern house. My lawn is LUMPY ... not as bad as it used to be, because over the years I've worked on it. But it's still lumpy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 02:22 PM

You could all have some of my grass, got far too much of it.

Son is supposed to do it but the strimmer is broken.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top