Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:05 AM

Bacon?

If eating a sausage and rasher of bacon or two are going to slowly kill us all.Why is the Mediterranean diet the best. They eat lots of Salami Mortadella and cured meats
Cured meats are an ancient way of preserving meat and have always been eaten by many nations.

For years we were told that Butter a natural food is bad for you, so please eat margarine which is full of chemicals instead and it tastes awful
Now apparetently it is good for you. We knew that in the first place before you spent tons of money on research.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:11 AM

Re: Bacon?

If you ate nothing but processed meat you would probably get cancer. Moderation is the key. Eat plenty of fruit and veg and fish but just a moderate amount of meat.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:12 AM

I agree with you Azure. We only have a Fry-Up once a week and I don't even add any oil or butter to it, our normal diet is Chicken or Pork.

But who are they to say people are not to eat Sausages, Bacon, Ham, Sugar etc. people should be able to eat what they want, it's their body.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:12 AM

Here, Here Azure.

Fed up of hearing these experts. We will soon all be starving
as we wont be able to eat anything. Well done experts - not.

Government is moaning as we are living too long due to them
having to pay out our pensions. Now they keep telling us
not to eat this that and the other. Wish they would let us
get on with it and pull their finger out running the country
without being our parents.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:14 AM

Bacon sarnies for breakfast, Sausage & Mash for lunch and pastrami sarnies for 'tea'.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:24 AM

Advice is advice It is not an instruction. You can go on making a mess of your insides just don't ask me to pay for the consequences as I have for years for smokers, drinkers and drug addicts !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:26 AM

To be quite honest i do not take notice anymore im going to eat and drink what i like. Lifes far to short to deprive yourself of the good things in life. Give up my barbies and Merlot no i don't think so😀
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
Advice is advice It is not an instruction. You can go on making a mess of your insides just don't ask me to pay for the consequences as I have for years for smokers, drinkers and drug addicts !
Sorry to hear you personaly have to pay for all these, ask for a rebate im sure you have grounds.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:39 AM

I would pay more attention to the 'experts' advice if was consistent - but it isn't - by any stretch of the imagination.

Remember "Drink a pint of milk a day" or "Go to work on an egg" ?

Then we were told that milk is bad and unnecessary for adults and eggs were full of salmonella and cholesterol !

Now, apparently, milk is good for us - semi-skimmed of course, and eggs are wholesome again.

But - butter furs up the arteries and beef gives you mad cow disease.

As for cheese - they would have us eat none but 'Cottage cheese' which is totally tasteless and looks as though it has already been eaten!

I stopped listening to the 'experts' - years ago - and listen to my body instead.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:53 AM

we are now told not to eat meat- not long ago we were told not to eat eggs- No doubt chemicals on greens when grown are cancer inducing. Fish stocks severely depleted hence to fish quota. beer and wine and spirits again not good for you. Smoking is a strict no no.

BUT ALL IS NOT LOST
The answer is not to eat or drink anything for a long and happy life.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top