Join for free
Page 4 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 02:13 PM

Re: Brexit and Boris.

Send Boris can’t help himself and continues to tell lies. The latest one is that membership of the EU prevents us from having Free Ports. No doubt the leavers are all lapping it up
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Send Boris can’t help himself and continues to tell lies. The latest one is that membership of the EU prevents us from having Free Ports. No doubt the leavers are all lapping it up

Probably because the EU version of a free port is nothing like the definition of a free port anywhere else in the world.

You might want to Google up why we don't have any free ports in the UK anymore. You could always email Boris I'm sure he would be glad to explain it to you.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Probably because the EU version of a free port is nothing like the definition of a free port anywhere else in the world.

You might want to Google up why we don't have any free ports in the UK anymore. You could always email Boris I'm sure he would be glad to explain it to you.
Wrong again
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:28 PM

Wrong again

Oh ..

Why is that ?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
And what a royal load of rubbish it is. The EU one is much better as a National Anthem.
Maybe it should be called "Owed To The EU"?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-07-2019, 09:48 AM

They will be using "The Internationale" next
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Yeah. Grown ups would have known it is beethoven's 9th symphony commissioned (oh joy) by the Philharmonic Society of London in 1817. So the melody is meant for british ears
It's music is set to a Schiller poem and it's most famous line is Alle meschen werder brüder (all men will become brothers). Which is of course something the british carry in their hearts.
And there was me thinking it was "Ode to Joy".
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
And there was me thinking it was "Ode to Joy".
It was translated for you. Something to do with the standard of language education in britanny
Banchory
Kent

08-07-2019, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh ..

Why is that ?
Facts, an alien concept for you I know but here you go

https://researchbriefings.files.parl...-2018-0211.pdf
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Facts, an alien concept for you I know but here you go

https://researchbriefings.files.parl...-2018-0211.pdf
For a start, we are in the Customs Union and do not have any control over our own trade policy - something thats essential to provisioning a free port. UK membership of the EU means, we are bound by the tariffs imposed on us and therefore must apply tarrifs on goods at the port in accordance with rules of the customs union. If we attempted to create a "true" free port, any organisation in the EU (there are thousands) would be able to mothball it if it were to be giving us any competitive advantage over someone else.

Those countries with EU free trade, (Japan, Canada, South Korea etc) already benefit from 0% tarrifs so there is no advantage of having the free port in the first place.

Thats why we do not have "free ports" anymore in the EU - I think the UN declared this as well, so it's not just me saying that. This resulted in the UK not bothering to renew any of the licenses for our existing "free port in names only", such as Tilbury about 6 years or so ago.

Those "free ports" that are in the EU currently were set up before the countries joined the EU in the first place - they are as useless as ours were before we stopped licensing them.

So, in short, the link you shared backs up my argument rather than yours - I take it you haven't done your research and read it properly ? It is dated 2018 and describes the advantages of the UK having free ports post Brexit like we see in countries such as the USA. The reason being is that free ports in the EU are not like free ports anywhere else in the world - just like I said.

See your document sections 1.2 and 1.3

Facts ......

Page 4 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top