Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 09:11 PM

Do Smiling People Have A Hidden Agenda?

Do you think some people have a ‘painted’ smile and beneath that smile, they are not what they seem?

Smiles are lovely but what are they like beyond that smile? Would you say, they have hidden depths, maybe they are false?

What do you think of overly smiley people, do you trust them?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 09:22 PM

Re: Do Smiling People Have A Hidden Agenda?

I've always said, "Beware of politicians with nice smiles".
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:01 PM

No, but then I'm a suspicious so n so at the best of times. Life has made me very wary.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:21 PM

If a smile doesn't reach a persons eyes, then they are false.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
If a smile doesn't reach a persons eyes, then they are false.
Pretty much spot on IMO. I think most people can feel it if a smile is not genuine. One that isn't can't help but look more like a supercilious smirk. Certain presidents of powerful countries are an example. clue - not Trump. You may or may not have liked Obama but at least his smile was real. I have some significant trust issues as well but I take more notice of a person's voice tone and whether what they say matches their body language. Many people are very good liars but they forget to lie with their bodies.
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:46 PM

The adage 'what you see is not what you get', comes to mind.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:51 PM

Smiles in the eyes are the genuine smilers.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:58 PM

I'm a smiler and I would say I am a genuine person. However, since my sister died my smile is sometimes painted on because I'm crying inside. I don't like people to know I'm upset. My husband and best friend always know the difference between those smiles. So does my painted smile make me a false person? I hope not.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Its got difficult of late, differentiating between a smile, and a smiley.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Pretty much spot on IMO. I think most people can feel it if a smile is not genuine. One that isn't can't help but look more like a supercilious smirk. Certain presidents of powerful countries are an example. clue - not Trump. You may or may not have liked Obama but at least his smile was real. I have some significant trust issues as well but I take more notice of a person's voice tone and whether what they say matches their body language. Many people are very good liars but they forget to lie with their bodies.
Liars also need to have a good memory that's how they get caught out

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top