Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 05:05 PM

Re: Sir Edward Heath

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The main problem with the theory (and I got what you were doing) is at that time being a Gay man he would have already been subject to gossip if he spoke to a child, at that time sadly being gay was in many people's minds the same as being interested in children. So if he did do anything charitable with young boys he would have had it hushed up for fear he would be suspected of harming them.
Using that criteria, any male heterosexual is under suspicion talking to a girl. A Jockey must have a lonely life.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'm sorry if I've misunderstood you.

It's just that you both seem to think that no good can come of digging up historic claims of dead people...so Savile, Smith, I've lost count! ...they should all just be left in peace?
Surely this is exactly the attitude that resulted in their shocking crimes continuing for decades.
Spot on and just because they are dead does not mean the crimes are historic.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 05:11 PM

You have misunderstood.

Naming and shaming a dead person is in essence .. just that.
They can't be tried for a crime, stand trial (other than in the media egged on by an outraged public).

Therefore, digging over every detail to malign them and make them appear a more and more grotesque character achieves very little .. there comes a point when having established their 'unproven culpability' and it will always be unproven if you ascribe to 'innocent until proven guilty' .. .. it is time to investigate in depth, the living.
Not the dead.
Otherwise it runs the risk of misdirecting from the living, though doubtless sells a lot of newspapers.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

06-08-2015, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You have misunderstood.

They can't be tried for a crime, stand trial (other than in the media egged on by an outraged public).

Therefore, digging over every detail to malign them and make them appear a more and more grotesque character achieves very little .. there comes a point when having established their 'unproven culpability' and it will always be unproven if you ascribe to 'innocent until proven guilty' .. .. it is time to investigate in depth, the living.
Not the dead.
Otherwise it runs the risk of misdirecting from the living, though doubtless sells a lot of newspapers.
You don't investigate the dead to prove their guilt, you investigate to find out how many crimes they have committed, to eliminate other crimes and bring closure. Moors Murderers, Yorkshire Ripper etc etc
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 05:22 PM

You have misunderstood.

Not the dead.

I just don't know how to answer you, and I don't think I did misunderstand you.
It's not often words fail me, but with Savile, Smith et al in mind, not to mention the hundreds of kids abused over decades, with all due respect to all I'm now bowing out of this thread.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
You don't investigate the dead to prove their guilt, you investigate to find out how many crimes they have committed, to eliminate other crimes and bring closure. Moors Murderers, Yorkshire Ripper etc etc
Not logical DoE .... the Yorkshire Ripper wasn't dead when he was investigated and though there are aspects that are unresolved with Brady and Hindley they, too .. were alive when they stood trial, were found guilty and sentenced.

Quite right though ... you do have to investigate the dead, if only to try to link him to 'living' abusers.
That's why Heath is worth investigating.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

06-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I just don't know how to answer you, and I don't think I did misunderstand you.
It's not often words fail me, but with Savile, Smith et al in mind, not to mention the hundreds of kids abused over decades, with all due respect to all I'm now bowing out of this thread.
Well if you still don't think you misunderstood me .. there's an implication in there then (that I could take as an insult) that you believe I condone abuse and are in favour of letting criminals off scot free.
Words fail me too now.

All I'm saying is this ... what I said to DoE .. investigating the dead should come secondary to discovering the still living abusers and hopefully get them to trial so they, at least, if found guilty, can suffer the consequences.

Too much fixation on the dead increases the chances of always investigating suspects who are dead if only because the others get plenty of time to die.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

06-08-2015, 05:38 PM

Not logical DoE .... the Yorkshire Ripper wasn't dead when he was investigated and though there are aspects that are unresolved with Brady and Hindley they, too .. were alive when they stood trial, were found guilty and sentenced.

Quite right though ... you do have to investigate the dead, if only to try to link him to 'living' abusers.
That's why Heath is worth investigating.
If I can be serious for a moment and give my honest opinion. I believe the whole guilty lot, dead or alive should be investigated without hindrance, from the Asian scum prostituting school girls right up to the corridors of power in Westminster, including the Royals. Those found guilty should be given severe punishment and those also who were responsible for covering the perversions up. A serious message as a result should be sent out to all, that the people of the UK are not having anymore of it and that includes sex traffickers who should be hung.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

06-08-2015, 05:43 PM

I wouldn't disagree with any of that.
In fact .. I support it wholeheartedly.

Especially this bit ...
Those found guilty should be given severe punishment and those also who were responsible for covering the perversions up.

Which is why, I suppose, I'm more interested in the living.
You can't punish a corpse.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

06-08-2015, 05:47 PM

I wouldn't disagree with any of that.
In fact .. I support it wholeheartedly.

Especially this bit ...
Those found guilty should be given severe punishment and those also who were responsible for covering the perversions up.

Which is why, I suppose, I'm more interested in the living.
You can't punish a corpse.
In the case of the sexual perversions by now dead Muslim men I can, the corpse could be dug up and relocated facing West.

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top