Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 05:51 PM

Re: Sir Edward Heath

That's true ... a good thing they're not keen on cremation then isn't it.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 07:15 PM

As a teacher for over 39 years (now thankfully retired) I have seen many kinds of child abuse. The dead can no longer hurt anyone, but the effect of the abuse needs to be dealt with. We focus too much on the abusers and too little on the abused. Personally I would invest in helping the survivors of abuse, physical, mental, sexual etc. And yes I have had to deal with child abuse and sadly most of it from parents.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
As a teacher for over 39 years (now thankfully retired) I have seen many kinds of child abuse. The dead can no longer hurt anyone, but the effect of the abuse needs to be dealt with. We focus too much on the abusers and too little on the abused. Personally I would invest in helping the survivors of abuse, physical, mental, sexual etc. And yes I have had to deal with child abuse and sadly most of it from parents.
Sorry you have lost me. If we did not have abusers we would not have the abused. Your suggestion is rather like saying do not first eradicate the pox but treat those who catch it, that is the ones who would not have caught it in the first place if it had been eradicated.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 07:53 PM

The dead cannot abuse any longer but the living abused need our help.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You have misunderstood.

Naming and shaming a dead person is in essence .. just that.
They can't be tried for a crime, stand trial (other than in the media egged on by an outraged public).

Therefore, digging over every detail to malign them and make them appear a more and more grotesque character achieves very little .. there comes a point when having established their 'unproven culpability' and it will always be unproven if you ascribe to 'innocent until proven guilty' .. .. it is time to investigate in depth, the living.
Not the dead.
Otherwise it runs the risk of misdirecting from the living, though doubtless sells a lot of newspapers.
Agree with you both especially we should be helping the survivors, and part of that is to help them see they don't have to always be victims - too many carry on being victims all their lives because they cannot get help to make them stronger.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 09:33 PM

The dead cannot abuse any longer but the living abused need our help.
If you really believe that the dead cannot still abuse the living your thinking on life must be tunnel visioned. In reverse it is like saying the dead cannot cause grief to love ones.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales

09-08-2015, 08:40 AM

When your dead your DEAD! How do you try a dead man ? In English Law every accused has the RIGHT to face their accuser. So its trial by Media and anyone with an ounce of historical knowledge knows that is often nothing more than speculation. We had witch hunts in the Middle Ages. Are we seriously suggesting returning to those times ? My thinking on life is based on my belief that a civilised society must respect the Rule of Law and care for those who have been damaged by abuse or neglect.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 09:48 AM

When your dead your DEAD! How do you try a dead man ? In English Law every accused has the RIGHT to face their accuser. So its trial by Media and anyone with an ounce of historical knowledge knows that is often nothing more than speculation. We had witch hunts in the Middle Ages. Are we seriously suggesting returning to those times ? My thinking on life is based on my belief that a civilised society must respect the Rule of Law and care for those who have been damaged by abuse or neglect.
Exactly my feelings on this but said so much better than I could say it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 10:12 AM

Well said
dukeofearl
south coast uk

09-08-2015, 10:02 PM

It is only very recent law that lifted the slander against the dead , nothing to do with the middle ages. More to the point nobody in the UK is tried by media . Witch hunts from the Middle Ages, the English have moved forward from the Middle Ages appreciating a element of Welsh Nationalism cannot let go of it. Ironic thinking in fact that we have reverted to the Middle Ages, were the Witch Hunts of those times blamed on the Stone Ages? Of course all rubbish, the same old historical ball and chain which shackles the minds of the few.

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top