Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:31 AM

Re: Sir Edward Heath

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Some of us were not growing up in secure homes and had our own horrors I know my stance will come it for criticism but at some point we have to get over what happened and take responsibility for our own lives, doing that meant I could forgive my abusers, and I live a happier life for doing so.

Of course any cover up should be investigated but I cannot see what naming individuals does to help that process, especially if people are dead and unable to defend themselves. We have a court system and we don't try dead people.
The money spent on this could help todays abused because we need to break the cycle in private homes where most of the abuse occurs.
Julie I really admire your private and personal forgiveness, it's the way to go if you can possibly do that, I agree.

But are you seriously suggesting that in the case (for instance) of the children who were tortured and murdered and buried at Haut de la Garenne, we should forgive and forget their abusers and murderers on their behalf?

http://www.nkmr.org/en/articles/2472...childrens-home
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:54 AM

I never said that at all, I do think we need to spend some money helping the victims and I don't think this media led circus will in the end help them, I know people who relive the abuse every time they see these cases talked about, they deserve help which could be provided by taking some of the money being spent on these cases, the case seems to be from 1961 that has sparked this we need a point in time we say too late to complain or our legal system will become bogged down with cases from 50 years ago.

By all means look at who covered things up because if it to be believed a brothel keeper and police could be charged but cases of child abuse should only be brought against living targets not the dead who cannot defend themselves.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:58 AM

Its never to late to complain Julie
Thankfully at last - the Saville case came to light and we have gone on from there - it 'needs' to be done
As for forgiveness, I get sick of hearing that from religious people - up to the individual isn't it - you 'can' in some cases put the hurt away in a box and get on with life - forgive .............. for me 'never'
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:59 AM

Perhaps though, the resources available would be better directed towards investigating current perpetrators who are still carrying out their vile exploitation of children, rather than chasing ghosts?
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

05-08-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Excellent post.
Thank you, Tabby, hoping you're well ;o)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Perhaps though, the resources available would be better directed towards investigating current perpetrators who are still carrying out their vile exploitation of children, rather than chasing ghosts?
Yes that is all I think we can do so long after the event.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its never to late to complain Julie
Thankfully at last - the Saville case came to light and we have gone on from there - it 'needs' to be done
As for forgiveness, I get sick of hearing that from religious people - up to the individual isn't it - you 'can' in some cases put the hurt away in a box and get on with life - forgive .............. for me 'never'
I forgave with NHS help long before I found any sort of religious faith. I do get fed up of religion being blamed so often for things. And yes it's up to the individual and with help many will find they can move on and stop being victims and take the power back from the abusers.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 11:17 AM

Yes that is all I think we can do so long after the event.
I couldn't disagree more vehemently if I tried!

Forgiveness is marvellous in individual cases, but we have a duty to those children who were trafficked tortured murdered to reveal the names of the vile perpetrators.

And if in the investigations it is found that many of them were well known household names, international heroes, minor royalty...it makes not one jot of difference.

No more turning a blind eye, no more 'nothing we can do' , no more burying and covering up of heinous crimes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-08-2015, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I couldn't disagree more vehemently if I tried!

Forgiveness is marvellous in individual cases, but we have a duty to those children who were trafficked tortured murdered to reveal the names of the vile perpetrators.

And if in the investigations it is found that many of them were well known household names, international heroes, minor royalty...it makes not one jot of difference.

No more turning a blind eye, no more 'nothing we can do' , no more burying and covering up of heinous crimes.
You think that will happen ? I can see the opposite with things being covered so deep it will never see the light of day.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

05-08-2015, 12:05 PM

You think that will happen ? I can see the opposite with things being covered so deep it will never see the light of day.
It's already happening Julie...the entire world is watching, I think it could be virtually impossible to close Pandora's box shut now it's been opened this much.

But when Call Me Dave has said, "do whatever it takes", you do wonder if he really really means going as far as outing the highest of the high.
And Heath isn't It!

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top