Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 04:13 PM

Re: Mattresses

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Doesn’t it depend how well you care for the mattress and the quality of the mattress to begin with. The mattress I currently have is a high top. It has an extra part on top similar to a muffin top. It seemed like a good idea at the type of purchase but actually wasn’t. I badly need a new mattress. I don’t vacuum or clean my mattress as often as I should. I think it’s safe to say that mattresses should be changed at least every 10 years.

Pillows? I never wash pillows. I buy new ones and often.

It seems that most of us just get into bed at night and don't think any more about it Bratti.

A new mattress seems one of those things that often goes on our 'To do' list but we don't often get round to actually doing it.

Talking of your new pillows, I never buy feather ones do you?
I find that after a short time the feather quills get brittle and stick out and prick my skin.
I find some types of pillow seem to get very hot too.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 06:13 PM

You are quite correct in your earlier post, Mups - some, if not all, memory foam mattresses should not be turned over.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I replaced my mattress last year, and when I walked into the showroom, I suddenly felt like I was purchasing heavy industrial equipment.

Long gone are the plush, cool mattresses of reasonable depth and weight that can be flipped, rotated, and easily made.

Now they are as thick as they are wide, heavy enough to need a weightlifter to properly tuck in the corners, and tall enough to need a ladder.

Not even my dogs like the aircraft carrier bed that I no longer "sleep in" but rather "lie upon." At least all of my childhood days of camping on the cold hard ground prepared me for something.

Any day now, I expect I will have elbow and knee wear akin to the calluses on my dogs' elbows.'

Mine has a 20 year warranty. Perhaps they think I intend it to be a burial platform?

I'd rather sleep in the hammock.

That's the problem with my mattress, it's so damned heavy that I have to lift the mattress and stick a piece of wood between the mattress and the base just so that I can tuck the corners of the sheets under. I'm no wimp either.

Maybe time to invest in a Japanese style futon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No it's not, I know what he means. He means one of the pillow protectors you put on underneath the pillow case.
Is that right Dongle?
It's because he dribbles I'm told.

Anyway Spitty, this was a sensible thread at the start, so if you go and get on with laying that path you're supposed to be doing, we can return to the subject of mattresses!
Be off with you. Skidaddle.

Correct and correct.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:19 PM

Ours isn't memory foam but it does say on it that is not meant to be turned which is interesting (or not).
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 10:26 PM

I recently bought a Silk filled Duvet gauranteed to keep you warm all over.
Well it certainly does not match my Duck Down filled Duvet for warmth.
Luckily I have kept it, and will have it cleaned to use again.
However I do like Silk Pilowcases,so soft and silky.
And, supposed to prevent wrinkles forming on the face.

Should have bought them much earlier.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 10:30 PM

This Mattress is not for Turning.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I recently bought a Silk filled Duvet gauranteed to keep you warm all over.
Well it certainly does not match my Duck Down filled Duvet for warmth.
Luckily I have kept it, and will have it cleaned to use again.
However I do like Silk Pilowcases,so soft and silky.
And, supposed to prevent wrinkles forming on the face.

Should have bought them much earlier.

Ooer, I've never heard that before, else I would have bought them a few years ago too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-08-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Doesn’t it depend how well you care for the mattress and the quality of the mattress to begin with. The mattress I currently have is a high top. It has an extra part on top similar to a muffin top. It seemed like a good idea at the type of purchase but actually wasn’t. I badly need a new mattress. I don’t vacuum or clean my mattress as often as I should. I think it’s safe to say that mattresses should be changed at least every 10 years.

Pillows? I never wash pillows. I buy new ones and often.

You're probably right about that, Bratti.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-08-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Correct and correct.

See - knew it.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top