Join for free
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 03:33 PM

Re: New Immigration System

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I still don't understand your "white Christian" vs "black Muslims" point or why this is relevant at all. You don't have a point so seems you're dressing things up with a them v us pseudo religious racial non argument to beef up what's basically limp waffle.

I've already said it's up to the UK to negotiate good terms for our EU citizens. We appear to have failed thus far. In the absence of that it's up to nation states how to manage this. We are lucky they are putting anything at all in place. It's additional work for them because of our decision so I don't see why you have umbrage with that.

You still don't get it do you, Annie.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You still don't get it do you, Annie.
There is nothing to get. You're grasping at straws and refuse to blame British inertia for the situation EU British nationals are in. Well you can rest assured that they are not blaming their resident nations but are very clear it's down to the UK Government to negotiate their status. It appears to be a low priority though.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:59 PM

There is nothing to get. You're grasping at straws and refuse to blame British inertia for the situation EU British nationals are in. Well you can rest assured that they are not blaming their resident nations but are very clear it's down to the UK Government to negotiate their status. It appears to be a low priority though.

I'm not at all

The uk is providing EU settled status for 3.5 million people and so far has a 99% approval rating without charging anyone a penny.

The EU are charging up to €210 for each uk person wanting settled status but provides it for free for a million people from Syria, libya, Africa etc ?

You don't see anything slightly unfair or racist about that considering it was you calling brexiteers racist for wanting to control their borders and the EU treats the UK completely different to other people ??

You don't think white Christians from the UK should have settled status on the EU for free and on the same terms like they allow for black muslims ?

No ?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 05:19 PM

What i want to know is:

Why are Careers in the UK classed as 'Unskilled Workers '
They do a very important job for low pay,and the Government does not appreciate them.

They are overloaded with work and sometimes can only spend fifteen minutes with person,barely enough time to make a Cup of Tea.

I have mentioned this before. My Daughter is a Career in Switzerland where Careers are highly though of and it is a Professional prestigious job.
The training is very strict .Six months with a Verbal and Written Exam,and if you fail you are not allowed to be Career
Also you have to know all about medication and drugs too.

The Salary is £18.00 + per hour
The cost of living in Switzerland is higher but not more than 100%.
She is allowed to Give them Medication, Take Temperatures. Bath her charges, Wash their Hair Cut Nails
Change their Bedding, Make a light meal do some ironing and go for a short walk
She spend up to one hour or more with each person.
If there is heavy lifting for bedridden people, help is available
When she goes home she has to submit a full report of all she has done to her Supervisor.

The Training is ongoing with annual instruction.

It is about time Careers were treated decently in the UK.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
What i want to know is:

Why are Careers in the UK classed as 'Unskilled Workers '
They do a very important job for low pay,and the Government does not appreciate them.

They are overloaded with work and sometimes can only spend fifteen minutes with person,barely enough time to make a Cup of Tea.

I have mentioned this before. My Daughter is a Career in Switzerland where Careers are highly though of and it is a Professional prestigious job.
The training is very strict .Six months with a Verbal and Written Exam,and if you fail you are not allowed to be Career
Also you have to know all about medication and drugs too.

The Salary is £18.00 + per hour
The cost of living in Switzerland is higher but not more than 100%.
She is allowed to Give them Medication, Take Temperatures. Bath her charges, Wash their Hair Cut Nails
Change their Bedding, Make a light meal do some ironing and go for a short walk
She spend up to one hour or more with each person.
If there is heavy lifting for bedridden people, help is available
When she goes home she has to submit a full report of all she has done to her Supervisor.

The Training is ongoing with annual instruction.

It is about time Careers were treated decently in the UK.

I couldn't agree more.

Being a carer should be treated as a form of nursing rather than an unskilled job. A lot of carers are also family members who get next to nothing for giving up a chunk of their income to pay for relatives at home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 06:00 PM

Whatever it is, it's a start. We desperately need to cut immigration so we can stop worrying about where to build the million or so houses for them. At least someone has finally made an effort, just the foreign Aid budget to go.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 07:23 PM

Settled status does not give applicants any physical proof. A German friend who has lived here for about 30 years was very unimpressed. The email is not even a confirmation document and there is some sort of online verification process which apparently isn't working properly. In terms of other countries well we chose to leave so we should be negotiating fair terms for our citizens. We are lucky that the others are putting some form of arrangements in place at all. They do not have to!
On the other hand, I'd like to explain that EU countries are very lucky that we are even considering the negotiation of fair terms for their citizens.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
On the other hand, I'd like to explain that EU countries are very lucky that we are even considering the negotiation of fair terms for their citizens.
It's not like they had a choice! We haven't negotiated but agreed to help those who have lived here for decades in some cases and were invited here by previous governments.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 09:40 PM

It's not like they had a choice! We haven't negotiated but agreed to help those who have lived here for decades in some cases and were invited here by previous governments.
Pity its not returned by the EU though isn't it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we tear up the withdrawal bill in a few weeks anyway. It's pointless.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You've obviously never been in a care home.......

Does 'Winterbourne View' not ring any Alarm Bells.

We already have thirsty, ungratteful bitter horses because care work is underfunded, workers underpaid and they are insufficiently trained............That's the problem with mass immigration of unskilled workers being shoehorned in to jobs like Care Work with no formal qualifications.......

Yet you support that!

I support paying workers far more than employers are getting away with now.

I support training workers properly .

I support an overhaul of Social Care in the UK so that it is fully funded, given the status it deserves and not filled with cheap, untrained immigrants who don't really know what they're doing.
Great posturing there and who will pay for these higher salaries?

Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top