Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 12:22 PM

The Stranger (Netflicks)

Anyone watching? We binge-watched another three episodes yesterday which I feel is necessary to fully understand it. Great series so far though, really enjoying it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9698480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 12:32 PM

Re: The Stranger (Netflicks)

Longy, As l said, in Spitfire’s thread, l started to watch The Stranger as l didn’t like what was being shown on ITV or BBC1.

It was when the man hit Jennifer Saunders really hard, l switched it off. My sister said, it got worse after that!

I found it a bit weird but do you think l should persevere?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, As l said, in Spitfire’s thread, l started to watch The Stranger as l didn’t like what was being shown on ITV or BBC1.

It was when the man hit Jennifer Saunders really hard, l switched it off. My sister said, it got worse after that!

I found it a bit weird but do you think l should persevere?
This was two days ago Art, I have forgotten it all by now.

I suppose there is still a bit of violence but no more hitting women (you do know he didn't really hit her don't you? I mean I have never been a fan of Saunders, I thought Dawn French was better) but she doesn't deserve that.

Personally I thought it was very good and went on to watch another similar series written by Harlan Coben called 'Safe'
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This was two days ago Art, I have forgotten it all by now.

I suppose there is still a bit of violence but no more hitting women (you do know he didn't really hit her don't you? I mean I have never been a fan of Saunders, I thought Dawn French was better) but she doesn't deserve that.

Personally I thought it was very good and went on to watch another similar series written by Harlan Coben called 'Safe'
Longy, Yeah, touché about separating fiction from the real world.
It was the seeing action made me feel sick, l mean that was a real wallop. l understand what happened after was even more sickening.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-02-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Yeah, touché about separating fiction from the real world.
It was the seeing action made me feel sick, l mean that was a real wallop. l understand what happened after was even more sickening.
Yes, it was.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top