Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:27 PM

Re: Advert too racy?

Originally Posted by eccles ->
At what point in history have men or women wanted to look at pictures of fat ugly people? This lilly livered pandering to "some" complainant makes me so mad.
Probably not overly fat, but certainly well upholstered on the canvases from some of the old masters.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
^^^^

This. The one dictating to the many.

No complaints of horny lesbians cavorting in a bedroom or gay men snogging? I couldn't give a damn about someone's sexuality or how it's portrayed in the media. What pisses me off is the double standards.
Exactly. What gays do to each other in private is up to them but two men snogging on TV makes me feel ill. That's at least two of us that are offended but would they accept our argument? Of course not.

Two lesbians snogging is great though.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What gays do to each other in private is up to them but two men snogging on TV makes me feel ill. That's at least two of us that are offended but would they accept our argument? Of course not.

Two lesbians snogging is great though.
You can add me to the list too Longdogs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
You can add me to the list too Longdogs.

Welcome to the list Percy.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Once again, it's all because of ONE viewer (probably an ugly one at that)
I remember the days when it would take at least 100 complaints to get an advert removed. One complaint should not get an ad removed because that one person could have a grudge against the company which would meaning their complaint is biased.

Those in authority are getting to scared to stand up for themselves because they are worried about bad PR being pushed via social media. People in today's society need to grow a backbone and stand up to the whiners/complainers.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 10:52 PM

It's fine to advertise video games that sensationalise violence and killing 'en masse' which I believe explains some of the mass shootings that have taken place recently.

Yet the powers that be seem to think that seeing half naked bodies on some advert will have a far greater effect on society....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-02-2020, 04:42 PM

There's another Ad that really annoys me. The one with Elton John when he eats a Snickers, turns into a black person and is instantly 'cool' as opposed to a boring old white geezer. I'm not a great fan of Elton these days, his songs just sound like a load of noises shoved together but no one can deny he has had a great career.

It wouldn't matter if a million people complained about that advert, they would never ban it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top