Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Re: Instantly memorable TV program(s) from your youth

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
The Silver Sword! One of my fave programmes when a child. I volunteered in a local hospice shop in the 90's/00's and The Silver Sword book was donated to the shop so of course I had to buy it and read it that night
We had that book read out to us in installments at junior school by Mrs Cronman (spelling?), one of the nice teachers. I think she was Polish, hence the choice of book. A very good story as I recall about some kids being forced to live in bombed out cellars in Warsaw when their dad was arrested?

Will have to look out for it.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
He was smarter than the average bear.

Haha!
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I'd dearly like to know what that programme was but, unfortunately, no-one else seems to remember it.

Correct!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 03:53 PM

I keep having memories of an old black and white series. I can't remember the name or the channel.

All I remember is the opening scene every week being a picture of a country area, a small village, and as the music played other buildings - including factories and chimneys - were added to the scene until we could see a large city.

I think that scene of 'development' fascinated me more than the programme itself.

I'd dearly like to know what that programme was but, unfortunately, no-one else seems to remember it.
Correct!
Thank you. A very helpful response.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 04:07 PM

'The Grove Family'...The first British soap opera..don't recall much about it except the Granny was a crabby auld git
Glanny
N.Ireland

09-02-2020, 04:15 PM

Thank you. A very helpful response.

I would have helped if I could....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 04:21 PM

I would have helped if I could....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
We had that book read out to us in installments at junior school by Mrs Cronman (spelling?), one of the nice teachers. I think she was Polish, hence the choice of book. A very good story as I recall about some kids being forced to live in bombed out cellars in Warsaw when their dad was arrested?

Will have to look out for it.
It is Jan, l remember the most in The Silver Sword BBC series. We had my favourite, ‘The Railway Children’ read out by the teacher in my school.

Judd, My daughter bought this book last year to read to her pupils in a primary school.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top