Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 04:33 AM

Re: have i got a case ????

I can't comment on the rights and wrongs of this because I expect the laws are different however in my opinion going guarantor for anybody is a mugs game. I told my kids when they were 16 I would never go guarantor for them ever.

For smaller sums of a few grand I would rather lend them the money and they repay me. However, the kids I would be prepared to lend money to don't need a loan from me because they have built up a good credit rating. The exception, my middle son, has an appalling credit rating (mostly from phone bills) can't get a loan from anyone and he currently leases a car because he can't get a car loan. He is using the lease to try to improve his credit rating.

Ukmartians case demonstrates the inadvisability of being a guarantor admirably - don't do it! especially if you want to remain friends.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top