Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 09:16 PM

Typical HMRC

Today i got a letter from the Tax office ...briefly it wanted to know why i had defaulted on a £10 monthly payment to rectify a overpayment from them in 2006....on examination i noticed that the direct debit had disappeared....so i phoned them to apologise and set up a new one and explained i didn't know why it had been cancelled and apologised...What they then said suprised me they said the last payment had been recieved on June 7th 2012 ...I aid why wait 18 months to notify me ...so i phoned the bank and realised that the D/ D had never been set up as i changed my bank last June....the bank checked their records and acknowledged that they had requested the details from the HMRC but they never answered their letters ....I gave told them that i will not pay the arrears and they have re-instated the D/D at £10 a month I hope they dont chase it , cos I am broke ...it was their fault ..typical government department ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 09:44 PM

Re: Typical HMRC

Blooming cheek trying to make it look like your fault ! I think sometimes they forget they work for us too
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 07:23 AM

Re: Typical HMRC

Steve matey, I told you previously - anything which is caused by an 'official error' is NOT recoverable from you. Since your bank has records to prove that they contacted HMRC asking for details and HMRC hadn't responded then the debt should now be wiped altogether!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top