Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 09:50 AM

Re: Saturdays

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cmon everyone try doing without one for a while, you might be suprised. Gave mine up when we went all digital, and dont miss it at all.
For some people, television is a comfort, company and a lifeline. It is only on rare occasions that it's switched off, but it's on from the minute I get up. Have a set in lounge, hallway facing bathroom and in bedroom.

I very rarely have the radio on and CDs usually get played in the car on long journeys or if doing something indoors when in and out of different rooms.

Don't knock tv watching for those who enjoy it. It IS our choice, after all.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
For some people, television is a comfort, company and a lifeline. It is only on rare occasions that it's switched off, but it's on from the minute I get up. Have a set in lounge, hallway facing bathroom and in bedroom.

I very rarely have the radio on and CDs usually get played in the car on long journeys or if doing something indoors when in and out of different rooms.

Read the post i was not knocking it, just suggesting peeps give it a try at giving up for a while.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 11:15 AM

To me the best night for tv is Sunday. I watch Countryfile, Antiques Roadshow then The Crimson Field (WW1 drama). I wouldn't want to go without a tv.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 11:27 AM

We do without when on holiday and don't really miss it but when I am home I use the TV during the day for the radio channels. My licence fee I feel is well spent for radio 2,3 and 4 some fantastic stuff on those channels. Also my guilty pleasures are the right stuff in the morning and Big Brother when it's on
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

LOL! I would never knock it - variety is the spice of life after all, just not enough on to entertain me at the moment - so I just watch DVDs. What I save on the licence fee I spend on craft stuff !!
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 05:59 PM

I craft to ST. I make cards and novelty knits to sell for RSPCA.
P
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
I craft to ST. I make cards and novelty knits to sell for RSPCA.
P
It's fun - isn't it, Purdy? I make cards and jewellery

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top