Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 07:31 AM

Re: 'They' hate publicly owned organisations

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have never voted Tory in my life and am not about to start now .
Sorry darlin' - wrong 'M' - must have read something from our mutual 'friend'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If you build a new hospital, sell the old one off.

It is called efficient asset management.

They did that years ago with the Old town centre Eye Hospital, auctioned it off for conversion to posh flats, got a mint for it.
Nice idea but locally they rebuilt on same land or they bought more land and built an extra hospital. The old one is still in use.

That was years ago mind I haven't seen any building for about 30 years now.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 08:57 AM

They built a new private hospital within the grounds of our local hospital. Cutting travel times when they outsource patients, more profit for the shite hawks feasting on ill health and the privatisation of the public owned NHS.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 09:00 AM

Bruv I have a different attitude to private care, I encourage as many as possible to use it, it may take some of the strain off the NHS and then people who need it will get care easier.

We use private dentist and private foot care. If we could afford private GP or hospital I'd leap at it anything to not put more strain on the NHS.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Bruv I have a different attitude to private care, I encourage as many as possible to use it, it may take some of the strain off the NHS and then people who need it will get care easier.

We use private dentist and private foot care. If we could afford private GP or hospital I'd leap at it anything to not put more strain on the NHS.
I've been away for a day or two, so haven't had a chance to reply.
The way dentistry has gone is indicative of how the rest of the NHS is destined to go if we are not careful.
Years ago we were all NHS dentistry patients, whereas these days everyone is hard pressed to get NHS treatment. It all happens under the same roof, with the same dentist, same equipment, just different prices and level of treatment, the private treatment displacing NHS patients.

I have need of regular treatment after a life time of good health, on one occasion I have been sent to a private hospital for a scan that could have been done at my local NHS hospital.Presumably the NHS paid for my treatment, plus an administration cost for liaising between an outside body. That money had an obvious profit built into it so upping the overall cost.
Our NHS being under funded forcing depts. to outsource treatment, costing more and thereby leaving less money available to raise standards ending up leaving the depts. less able so more likely to need to outsource treatment.....................it's a vicious downward spiral.

I believe your 'relieving the pressure' to help the NHS is having the opposite affect unfortunately.
A couple of informative links HERE and HERE
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 09:41 AM

The Tories hate public ownership in this country but are quite relaxed about our sold off public utilities being owned by foreign governments.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I've been away for a day or two, so haven't had a chance to reply.
The way dentistry has gone is indicative of how the rest of the NHS is destined to go if we are not careful.
Years ago we were all NHS dentistry patients, whereas these days everyone is hard pressed to get NHS treatment. It all happens under the same roof, with the same dentist, same equipment, just different prices and level of treatment, the private treatment displacing NHS patients.

I have need of regular treatment after a life time of good health, on one occasion I have been sent to a private hospital for a scan that could have been done at my local NHS hospital.Presumably the NHS paid for my treatment, plus an administration cost for liaising between an outside body. That money had an obvious profit built into it so upping the overall cost.
Our NHS being under funded forcing depts. to outsource treatment, costing more and thereby leaving less money available to raise standards ending up leaving the depts. less able so more likely to need to outsource treatment.....................it's a vicious downward spiral.

I believe your 'relieving the pressure' to help the NHS is having the opposite affect unfortunately.
A couple of informative links HERE and HERE
Hi

I was the dentists themselves who left, it was not privatised.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top