Join for free
Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 08:43 AM

Re: Lockdown confusion.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Chris & I have decided not to go walking for the present time. Nobody really is sure of the rules regarding taking the car to scenic place for the purpose of a leisurely ramble so better safe than sorry.

I have 2 daughters & a son living nearby. They will come a walk with me if I ask them - which I'm going to.
If you want to find new routes to walk I use a wonderful programme called "ViewRanger" - free to download onto a laptop but you'll need to pay for an OS map. Then you can plan where you want to walk and how far, then Save the route. Then download the Viewranger app to your phone and sync content - choose which route you want and you'll be able to see where you are in relation to the route and make 100% you're going in the right direction and never get lost!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 09:22 AM

I live in a very rural area yet the cases are rising everyday .
Everyone goes out walking walks are busier than ever.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I never knew that,what about those demonstrators outside that London hospital,OGF....who don’t believe covid exists, was no one at risk with them doing that?
I would imagine that the greater the crowd the more the chances of catching the virus pauline, but in the company of just one person outside on a walk in the country, the risk would be very small indeed, as long as the 2 metre rule is applied. It's just a risk assessment!

I judge each case on its merits pauline, and based on the information given by Carol on the original post I would say it would be virtually impossible to catch the virus or pass it on with just two people meeting in a deserted car park out in the country. Two women of a certain age would certainly know if one of them had the virus.

Asymptomatic people are mostly at the younger end of the age spectrum. Let's assume that neither of these ladies are carrying the virus. So being as you have to catch it from the expelled air of a person who has the virus, and they have to be in a small window of being infectious. According to government figures, one in fifty people are carrying the virus (which I strongly dispute) a group of fifty walkers from unknown origins, with one person at the 'spread the infection' stage, would have to project their moist virus filled air into your nostrils out in open country with a breeze and probably sub zero temperatures.

So how on earth are two ladies of a certain age, who have not been infected, walking together, and observing the 2 metre rule out in a deserted moorland terrain going to catch anything other than their death of cold if they are inadequately dressed?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I live in a very rural area yet the cases are rising everyday .
Everyone goes out walking walks are busier than ever.
You need to assess all the variables before you can make an assumption Muddy....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I would imagine that the greater the crowd the more the chances of catching the virus pauline, but in the company of just one person outside on a walk in the country, the risk would be very small indeed, as long as the 2 metre rule is applied. It's just a risk assessment!

I judge each case on its merits pauline, and based on the information given by Carol on the original post I would say it would be virtually impossible to catch the virus or pass it on with just two people meeting in a deserted car park out in the country. Two women of a certain age would certainly know if one of them had the virus.

Asymptomatic people are mostly at the younger end of the age spectrum. Let's assume that neither of these ladies are carrying the virus. So being as you have to catch it from the expelled air of a person who has the virus, and they have to be in a small window of being infectious. According to government figures, one in fifty people are carrying the virus (which I strongly dispute) a group of fifty walkers from unknown origins, with one person at the 'spread the infection' stage, would have to project their moist virus filled air into your nostrils out in open country with a breeze and probably sub zero temperatures.

So how on earth are two ladies of a certain age, who have not been infected, walking together, and observing the 2 metre rule out in a deserted moorland terrain going to catch anything other than their death of cold if they are inadequately dressed?
I hear you, but .they haven’t ruled out the possibility of catching it outside.
So I won’t be taking that chance.
People are free to do what ever they like, providing they are abiding by the rule,....unfortunately not everyone is.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:24 PM

You need to assess all the variables before you can make an assumption Muddy....

And you never make an assumption do you?

That made me,..do you go through posts with a tooth and comb?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-01-2021, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I hear you, but .they haven’t ruled out the possibility of catching it outside.
So I won’t be taking that chance.
People are free to do what ever they like, providing they are abiding by the rule,....unfortunately not everyone is.
I didn't mention 'People' pauline, I just mentioned how I would make the decision...And it would be a risk assessment.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-01-2021, 12:32 PM

I didn't mention 'People' pauline, I just mentioned how I would make the decision...And it would be a risk assessment.
You mentioned people,of course you did.?..you mentioned 2 ladies,they are people.

I made my own risk assessment,as we should all do.risk assessments are a big part of my job,

We risk asses every day.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
win-win!
Er, not exactly!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If you want to find new routes to walk I use a wonderful programme called "ViewRanger" - free to download onto a laptop but you'll need to pay for an OS map. Then you can plan where you want to walk and how far, then Save the route. Then download the Viewranger app to your phone and sync content - choose which route you want and you'll be able to see where you are in relation to the route and make 100% you're going in the right direction and never get lost!
I downloaded the OS maps to my phone. Free!
You do need a WiFi or other internet connection to get the area you are interested in though.
I usually think on to get the area I need from my home WiFi before we set off.
It is a very useful app, with three or four levels of detail - equivalent to buying different OS maps - and the closest detail shows down to street level and houses.

Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top