Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 05:20 AM

Re: Would you have challenged this idiot?

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You mean you are a homophobe ST??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
What? No - I am not - how the daylight did you reach that conclusion?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 05:27 AM

Unfortunately, Swimmy, a lot of what is said in here is fantasy. I think Donkeyman may be right on one point though - the video could have been a set up. Human v Human is their choice, Human v Animal is not. I am not saying I would have actually attacked this horrible man - but I hope I would have challenged him in some way.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have and it is relevant.

Saying you would hit someone to protect another human is rubbished on this forum.

If it is to protect an animal anything goes.

This is irrespective of the fact that those who profess they would are completely incapable of doing so.

They would get hammered, it is all fantasy.
There are some who would do so even in the knowledge that they would "get a slap". In this particular case I would BUT I would deliberately make a hell of a fuss about it, fall over, get the police involved, and lie through my teeth in order to get this perp charged with everything I could.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I bloody am.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-07-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
There's no profit in that Todger ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
There's ALWAYS a profit in anything. Just sometimes it takes a little effort to find it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Totally agree with all of that, Tabby.
Me too. It's beyond me how some folks don't see it as cruelty. Why the heck would anyone want to eat a doughnut that's been in a gulls mouth anyway.......YUK.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have and it is relevant.

Saying you would hit someone to protect another human is rubbished on this forum.

If it is to protect an animal anything goes.

This is irrespective of the fact that those who profess they would are completely incapable of doing so.

They would get hammered, it is all fantasy.

Seeing as you quoted my post Swimmy, I assume your reply was for me?

So will you just clarify where I have said I would hit anyone?
I can assure you I do not fantasize about hitting people.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:48 AM

I couldn't work out why he thought that either, Tabs.
What the 'eck's homophobia got to do with a seagull being htrottled anyway?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-07-2021, 11:52 AM

Unfortunately, Swimmy, a lot of what is said in here is fantasy. I think Donkeyman may be right on one point though - the video could have been a set up. Human v Human is their choice, Human v Animal is not. I am not saying I would have actually attacked this horrible man - but I hope I would have challenged him in some way.

I am now not even convinced the bird he was holding was real. It's body looked to rigid to me. It would have flopped down if being held by the neck, not balanced up in the air.
Notice there was no close up either, just someone on their phone some distance away.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I can't believe the number of posts in favour of the seagull on here! As someone who lives by the sea - they are a flipping nuisance!! Their numbers are increasing and they need to be culled. They're responsible for erosion causing landfalls from cliffs because they try to burrow into the cliffs to make nests. The local council here net the cliffs to protect them from the gulls, so they fly inland and nest of chimney tops from where they dive-bomb home owners, passers by, and pet cats and dogs and they frequently kill small garden birds!

Presumably, the incident took place at a seaside location, which attracts many tourists who are largely ignorant about the many nasty habits of seagulls. The man in question was probably either an innocent tourist who sat down to eat his lunch before being attacked; or a local who is fed up with being targeted by the wretched seagulls and decided to fight back! If more people did this, maybe the wretched birds would learn to stay away!! Or better still, we should be feeding them the pill to reduce their numbers.............

I agree a lot with what you are saying here, I have lived with seagulls so know they can be an absolute nuisance and danger.

The thing is, that guy took it by the neck, he shouldn’t have done that, imo, it was a cruel thing to do...

How would you like to be taken by the neck, held in that position for quite some time, then thrown over the sea wall...

It’s a living creature that should be treated with respect, it’s a wild bird for heavens sake......” wild”...

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top