Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:05 AM

Rednecks and Hillbillys

I post this with the greatest of respect. Partly because I have been made an hono(u)ry Hillbilly in Ohio (my nickname there is Philbilly), and partly because I was made an hono(u)ry Redneck in several States of the USA because I married my Cousin.

I kid you not.

My favourite.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:46 AM

Re: Rednecks and Hillbillys

So...your mum or dad is/was sister or brother to your wife's mum or dad, right? And that makes you first cousins.

Or...your mum or dad is first cousin to your wife's mum or dad, and that makes you second cousins.

Or...you married your mum or dad's first cousin, which makes you first cousin once removed.

Or...you married your mum....or....dad....first....cou..si..zzzzzzzzzz,z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 02:15 AM

Living in the deep south, do you really want to get me started on this? So many are potential winners of Darwin Awards:

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 02:27 AM

Homemade shark protection cage:

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Homemade shark protection cage:

The Lifeguard should have left them alone to learn the 'hard way' !!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
So...your mum or dad is/was sister or brother to your wife's mum or dad, right? And that makes you first cousins.

Or...your mum or dad is first cousin to your wife's mum or dad, and that makes you second cousins.

Or...you married your mum or dad's first cousin, which makes you first cousin once removed.

Or...you married your mum....or....dad....first....cou..si..zzzzzzzzzz,z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
He will explain Ruthio - NOT first cousins.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 03:18 PM

I find it rather odd that cousins marry.....I was close to my cousins(not as you were, obviously)and tbh the thought of an intimate relationship makes me cringe.

I did notice your signature and wondered if nit was a reference to a film or obscure quote.

Anyway, I think your membership has given you bragging rights, something to be proud of........???

May I ask "What reaction did you get from other family members"?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
He will explain Ruthio - NOT first cousins.
Er, yes we are first cousins. Just not by blood.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I find it rather odd that cousins marry.....I was close to my cousins(not as you were, obviously)and tbh the thought of an intimate relationship makes me cringe.

I did notice your signature and wondered if nit was a reference to a film or obscure quote.

Anyway, I think your membership has given you bragging rights, something to be proud of........???

May I ask "What reaction did you get from other family members"?
We met when my Uncle married her Mother and then he adopted her two daughters. So, we are technically and legally cousins but are not related by blood.

As for the reaction of the rest of the family, we started dating six years after we met to the absolute surprise of nobody, and not one single eyelid was batted.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top