Join for free
Page 231 of 276 « First < 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 06:45 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

he’s been an amazing friend to me though. I first met him in this ward February last year and he has brought me things I’ve needed from my house. He’s had Myeloma i think, but has been throughthe stem cell therapy thing last Summer so knows what its like. He’s a big tough guy who worked in Angola and a lot of places in the 3rd world as we then knew it. And it seems the treatment is working for him. He does get aches and pains but is looking for a desk job as he is 63 now. Retirement not really an option, and he is too proud to accept anything from the state apart from the basic PIP which is his right and what I’m on, although I think I get a higher rate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:12 PM

You've got a great mate there, Ffosse. With Andy and also you sister, there are people (apart from we cyberspace pixels pixels) who are doing what they can to make your life a more comfortable place at the moment hopefully.

What happens next Ffosse regarding your hospital stay? Do you have any tests on the agenda this week that you know about yet?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 08:16 PM

I’ m not sure if it's next Wednesday and I hope not- or the following one after that I resume chemo, then more steroids (they never made me feel as bad in the past!) then on with the stem cell therapy. I'm not completely sure but I think I'll be here around a month in total. Then there's not coping at home with the panic attacks, falling down ( the real fear of it) and just my mobility in general. Whenever I've gone anywhere further than my doctor's surgery I've had a panic attack and it’s only a 5 minute walk away.

I've spent fortunes on taxis to and back from this hospital That’s mostly where my pip money has gone I haven't done any work in weeks now though fortunate to be desk based.. I could tell you loads of taxi driver stories.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 08:42 PM

Dreamy could you not have a support package at home?
I know it is strangers in your home, but, it will make you feel safe.
Also, consider one of those button things you can wear around your neck, it alerts someone to help you. Not sure of the name, my MIL had one.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-03-2019, 09:07 PM

I've asked for the support package, Sweetie, my last 5 days when they let me be discharged home were amongst the most peaceful in a year I’d say, but I was always scared of the delirium coming back as it did with the Hodgkins they're now trying to kill for the second time, they thought it was in remission but it was giving me the terrible delirium and back pain.I've come to realise that it's weeks at home which make me sick yet if I’m in hospital they'll take away my PIP so best to get discharged if the Consultant is OK with it. I lasted 17 days this time - the clock only goes up to 28 days although I suppose money should be the least of my worries, although I've paid for my direct cremation up front, or will have in a week or so once In confident in it when my sister brings in the documentation

It is nice to go one for a few hours as I shall be doing tomorrow - the blue tooth keyboard isn't really working with my phone so now I have wi-fi I can use my iPad or Macbook.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-03-2019, 09:09 PM

So, I need the help at home for both mobility reasons as I seem to have deteriorated and of course, I need a CPN who can visit, not wedded to an office I can't reach.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-03-2019, 09:23 PM

I could live years though but want to be as comfy as possible.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've asked for the support package, Sweetie, my last 5 days when they let me be discharged home were amongst the most peaceful in a year I’d say, but I was always scared of the delirium coming back as it did with the Hodgkins they're now trying to kill for the second time, they thought it was in remission but it was giving me the terrible delirium and back pain.I've come to realise that it's weeks at home which make me sick yet if I’m in hospital they'll take away my PIP so best to get discharged if the Consultant is OK with it. I lasted 17 days this time - the clock only goes up to 28 days although I suppose money should be the least of my worries, although I've paid for my direct cremation up front, or will have in a week or so once In confident in it when my sister brings in the documentation

It is nice to go one for a few hours as I shall be doing tomorrow - the blue tooth keyboard isn't really working with my phone so now I have wi-fi I can use my iPad or Macbook.
That is my worry Dreamy, you will get home and you will need support. Glad you have WiFi.

So, I need the help at home for both mobility reasons as I seem to have deteriorated and of course, I need a CPN who can visit, not wedded to an office I can't reach.
Yes, you will, I do hope it all gets sorted for you.

I could live years though but want to be as comfy as possible.
You could and I am hoping you will. xxxx
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 09:02 AM

Fosse matey, get yourself a 'care link'. Its a bracelet that fits on your wrist or round your neck, there is a 'base station' that plugs into your landline telephone and if you 'trigger it' it will alert the 'care link' to respond to you. You can either have a 'key safe' outside your door with a combination known to the 'Care link' staff or you can nominate friends, family or neighbours who have a key to your place. If you choose the latter, these, friends or family must live fairly close to you.

It costs me £18.50 per month, but like you, I live alone, and it gives me 'peace of mind' that should I fall ill, I can summon assistance immediately. 'Care link' can be contacted via your local authority Adult Disability team of your Social Services unit.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

04-03-2019, 10:00 AM

Thanks Uncle Joe - that's a hefty subscription but one that saves lives - I'm looking into as many of these services as possible and I've added yours to by list.

Since I'm here, I'm adjusting to the colder weather up here - I needed an extra blanket last night. Slightly uncomfortable pain in my tummy today too.

Page 231 of 276 « First < 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top