Join for free
Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 09:01 PM

Re: What Would You Do If An Alien Knocked On Your Door?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I ain't gone nowhere

My location and avatar(lack of) have been like that for days.

Though I do understand your concerns, I'd miss me too if I'd gone.

Why ???
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 09:04 PM

Sick of certain people showing a little too much interest.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 09:06 PM

Sick of certain people showing a little too much interest.
oh dear ... It never happens to me !!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 01:01 AM

Join the club,Mytle. I sit here,alone,eating Marmite sandwiches and wondering why aliens are easy to spot in the sky,yet so difficult to see on the ground...
Tootie
New Member!
USA
Tootie is female 

15-02-2016, 02:21 AM

First I'd make sure the alien was not a hit man chasing me ... from that other site!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 10:01 AM

Please accept my apologies, I meant you no upset.

I also accept I look rather mean and uncaring, which I'm not but on this occasion I do.

Sorry.
Oh goodness I am not upset at all. As people have seen from my posts I am probably a one off. I like being me, and if I changed anything I wouldn't be me.

My life from birth has certainly been different to that of many people. In many ways it was good, although I could have done without having a religious upbringing.

From the outset, and I can actually remember being in a cot in the maternity home, I decided I was going to do my own thing! Of course this didn't exactly please my parents, especially my mother, who wanted me to appreciate the designer clothes I was forced to wear. I remember getting into trouble BIG TIME, when I was about eight for ruining a brand new pair, of expensive shoes, by running up and down a gravel heap in them! My sisters and I lacked nothing in the material department, although we were expected to help out at weekends and holidays in my father's horticultural business, and the work was hard.

We met many interesting people, the woman living in the next property to ours was a cousin of the Queen. My father became a senior politician and so quite a number of well known names beat a path to our door, like Cliff Richard (I do hope he is not guilty of the awful allegations made against him, he seemed like a pleasant guy at the time!)

My childhood home hosted a poltergeist and some of the activity was a bit scary. Then later in life, in 1997, my husband and I moved into a house which came to media attention was it was the centre of the weirdest activity, some would describe as 'supernatural'! I hasten to add my husband, a scientist, and I are if the opinion there is a natural explanation for everything, however weird.

Added to all that I have been in many life endangering situations from birth, many of which were down to my own stupidity!

So you see, this alien is rather different from many. I don't take offence easily, I certainly wouldn't post on forums if I did.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 01:06 PM

You sound a fascinating lady. Viva la difference. The only thing I find in the slightest alien is the fact you don't like music. Dancing, singing, listening to music have been a large part of my enjoyment of life.

It is interesting you mention poltergeist this phenomena has been linked with pre pubescent girls. I too believe there is a perfectly rational explanation for all things. However, living with them is sort of different.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
You sound a fascinating lady. Viva la difference. The only thing I find in the slightest alien is the fact you don't like music. Dancing, singing, listening to music have been a large part of my enjoyment of life.

It is interesting you mention poltergeist this phenomena has been linked with pre pubescent girls. I too believe there is a perfectly rational explanation for all things. However, living with them is sort of different.
Our 'poltergeist' activity had been going on well before my sisters and I reached the pre pubescent stage, and seemed to be more associated with our Mother!

Our 'haunted' Welsh property hadn't had an recorded activity until my mother paid us a visit and seemed to kick it all off. Other people, including my late in-laws, had strange occurrences after she had visited them, make of that what you will.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 05:17 PM

How interesting. Is she still alive? I wondered if she was in a home and things had kicked off when she arrived. I do find your stories interesting and your writings are that of a story teller. Please write a book and I will buy it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

15-02-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
How interesting. Is she still alive? I wondered if she was in a home and things had kicked off when she arrived. I do find your stories interesting and your writings are that of a story teller. Please write a book and I will buy it.
My mother died in 2013 at the age of 89. We felt sorry for the staff in the home we put her in, she must have driven them crazy!

I do write short personalised kid's stories, articles and have my autobiography on the back burner. No doubt the kids will write the final chapter when I do something really crazy and finish myself off! I am also a poet and digital artist. It helps to keep me out of too much mischief!

I have given quite a number of talks about the phenomenon we have experienced.

Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top