Join for free
Page 27 of 190 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 10:22 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Entry:-190515

An interesting article I happened upon in our local paper....

There have been a high number of dogs going missing in the area.......A statement from the police said: They are following a few new leads.....

Well done Plod.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 09:55 AM

Entry:-220515
Morning all, I'm sorry I've been neglecting 'Robert's Bits' just lately but sometimes life doesn't seem to throw up anything interesting. Well that's about to change. In just four days I'll be making my way down to Southampton to meet the P&O ship Ventura, I'd hoped to send in daily reports on my Netbook, but it seems to be quite expensive from the ship, I wondered if their were any regular cruises who could advise me on the best thing to do, and how expensive is expensive?

So it's been quite busy round here, with all the posh clothes to sort out [shopping, Urg] and when we return home we've got a builder commencing work on a large boundry wall and the base for a summer house. So I've been having to move some paving slabs; forgot how heavy three by two slabs were. [I used to juggle with them in my younger day] I did three days work and then had to have three days off while the stiffness in my back muscles subsided. Fortunately it rained during the down time so there was no temptation to start work too early.

Still managed to fit all my early morning runs in, and the reduction in mileage of my long Sunday run, and the addition of an extra three miles on a Friday seems to be doing the trick. Loads of energy....Well, can't sit here all day, so will report back soon.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:29 PM

I don't often pop into the forum these days OGF but if I don't see you before, have a fabulous holiday. I can't give you any advice re cost of wifi because its a good few years since we last cruised. I know we had a wonderful time, quite hectic because we visited lots of places and wanted to see as much as possible whilst we were in each. Anyway with all your running it shouldn't be a problem for you. Just need some good weather and it'll be a fantastic holiday.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-05-2015, 10:38 AM

Entry:-230515
Thanks ever so muchly Val.
It promises to be a bit hectic even for me Val. I'm sorry to hear you don't look in so much lately, that will reduce my followers to one [Me].....Oh, and some Aussie bloke.....Whatever...

After about five years of looking after tropical fish in a large aquarium we took the decision to shut it down. It was with heavy heart that I donated the occupants of the aquarium to the local pet shop. Some of the fish had been with us since the beginning, and although I thought it was no biggy, I drove away from the pet shop with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. [pull yourself together man] Anybody want a Jewel 180 Aquarium and Stand? will deliver....

Another surprise is the excitement I'm feeling concerning the forthcoming cruise. I was reluctant to go on a cruise, not least for the upheaval it will cause to my running, and I'm more of a terra firma sort of guy, but I must admit in a nation of seafarers, there must be an inner sailor in me....Hello Sailor!

Lets all watch the Eurovision song contest tonight and we can discuss it later. Considering out relationship with the rest of Europe it might be a case of 'Nil Poir' again. Why do I feel that it's like sending lambs to the slaughter for our singers. If they weren't successful before, it'll certainly be the kiss of death for their careers tonight...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-05-2015, 11:01 AM

Entry:-250515
A tap on the knuckles with a ruler this morning when I received an e-mail from a previous forum telling me I've been banned for thirty days following my publication of their warning e-mail. I do apologise, I hadn't realised the rules forbit it.

There has also been a misunderstanding with two Roberts posting on the same thread, kindly brought to our attention by the attentive Gumbud. I have approached the help desk to see if it can be rectified.

I enjoyed the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday night; I didn't think our song was all that good anyway and it was reflected by the measly five points we acquired. I did enjoy the Russian entry which did well, and the Austrian entry, which failed to collect any points at all, very surprising, especially when they were the hosts. Interesting to note that two of the countries that are not members of the EU [Switzerland and Iceland] failed to make the final.....

Running was crap yesterday after trying to drag tired legs round an eight mile course, the time came out okay but I suffered for it the rest of the day. I had spent all Friday and Saturday shuffling three by two paving slabs around the garden, I suspect that might have had something to do with the lackluster run.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Entry:-250515
A tap on the knuckles with a ruler this morning when I received an e-mail from a previous forum telling me I've been banned for thirty days following my publication of their warning e-mail. I do apologise, I hadn't realised the rules forbit it.
There has also been a misunderstanding with two Roberts posting on the same thread, kindly brought to our attention by the attentive Gumbud. I have approached the help desk to see if it can be rectified.

I enjoyed the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday night; I didn't think our song was all that good anyway and it was reflected by the measly five points we acquired. I did enjoy the Russian entry which did well, and the Austrian entry, which failed to collect any points at all, very surprising, especially when they were the hosts. Interesting to note that two of the countries that are not members of the EU [Switzerland and Iceland] failed to make the final.....

Running was crap yesterday after trying to drag tired legs round an eight mile course, the time came out okay but I suffered for it the rest of the day. I had spent all Friday and Saturday shuffling three by two paving slabs around the garden, I suspect that might have had something to do with the lackluster run.
You little rebel you Robert

Have a lovely holiday
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-05-2015, 05:15 PM

Thanks Myra, it might have all blown over when I return.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 06:46 PM

I see you've turned into a Bob!

I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one who liked Austria's song in the Eurovision! Doesn't say much for our taste in music does it?

My son is heavily into tropical fish, has been since he was 7! He'd like to have marine fish but says they just involve too much care and expense! Shame you had to get rid of yours!

Have a lovely holiday. We cruised once. It wasn't to OH's taste, he's too unsociable and spent most of the time trying to avoid people!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-05-2015, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
I see you've turned into a Bob!

I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one who liked Austria's song in the Eurovision! Doesn't say much for our taste in music does it?

My son is heavily into tropical fish, has been since he was 7! He'd like to have marine fish but says they just involve too much care and expense! Shame you had to get rid of yours!

Have a lovely holiday. We cruised once. It wasn't to OH's taste, he's too unsociable and spent most of the time trying to avoid people!

Yes, Anzac, I've always been a closet Bob, so now I've come out.....
Seriously though, all of my friends and work colleagues have always known me as Bob and it's seemed strange on the forums for people to address me as Robert, it sounds a bit formal.

I just can't understand how come Austria didn't get one vote Anzac. There were much worse songs that seemed to amass loads of votes. Did you notice one of the compares had to warn countries not to make it political. All the Eastern countries gave a lot of votes to their neighbours irrespective of the quality of the song.
Although I don't have a problem with Transvestites [in fact, I find some very sexy] but the bloke dressed up as a woman wearing a beard is spooky....

The tropical fish tank held about forty Gallons [180 litres] of water and once a month we had to do a 50% water change and clean all the foliage, it took us over half a day to do a proper clean and was getting too much. Plus the expense of keeping it stocked with interesting fish.

Sorry to hear about your hubby, I'm not much of a cruiser myself but the missus enjoyed the dressing up for dinner and the opulent life style. But I must say, I love meeting new people, and we are going with some friends who are good company.
Sometimes I need some space though and there's no where to run on a ship.

I'll try and post some bulletins of our progress if possible.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-05-2015, 10:15 AM

Entry:-260515 – The Holiday Minus One
Just one day to go before the start of our holiday. As I sit here enjoying my porridge the washing machine purrs out a rhythm behind me, somewhere at the other side of the house I can hear the distant wining of the vacuum cleaner, Maddie the cat appears at the end of the hall and makes a dash for my chair where she cowers and expects protection from that hissing roaring machine as it seeks out every crevice and dark corner in its quest to suck up the muck. But I cannot protect her, I will be swept away, just like she was in this ritual frenzy of holiday cleaning, there is no hiding place. This is the worst part of the holiday, nothing is where I left it, and the pungent smell of bleach fills my nostrils. I sit and write my blog and OCD springs to mind.

This mornings run was a disaster, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, but the legs weren’t working and I staggered round in a surprisingly good time, but I can feel it now as the wife and me are on a collision course as tempers are frayed and irritations loom big. Nearly packed though, and this time tomorrow all will be forgotten.

Page 27 of 190 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top