Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 08:08 PM

Inconsiderate Neighbours.

We have some comparitively new neighbours living across the road from us. I don't know what they do for a living but they always have lots of vehicles which they park anywhere there happens to be a space without any thought for those of us who like to park in front of their own houses. I know that you don't own the road in front of your house but, imo, it is just good neighbourliness to leave other people's parking places free. By the way, the new nejghbours are Rumanian and there appears to be 7 adults living in a 3 bedroomed house.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 08:11 PM

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbours.

My son is thinking of returning to the uk but there is a problem. The government insist he has at least £70,000 behind him a job of £25,000 to go to, and although his children can come over his wife can't because she is Brazilian.

Yet all these immigrants with no work/family or even speak the language are allowed in
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 08:17 PM

We have the same problem here Alan. Everyone seems to park outside our gate, two doors away from us, is always having parties, she is Philipine, and all her Philipine friends with expensive cars all park outside our House, there has got to be at least 10 cars, and they can't park or even drive properly.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 09:22 PM

You could try sticking a polite note under the windscreen wipers Alan - see if they take any notice. (Hopefully they can read English!)
I did that once to somebody who was always blocking my drive - it worked.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 09:37 PM

Have you thought about letting the Tyres down Alan ,?
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 09:45 PM

It is just decency that you should be able to park in front of your own house.

I think your new neighbours are very inconsiderate and they should be taught a lesson! How you would do so though, I don't know.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 08:44 AM

Feel for you Alan - its tough living with inconsiderate neighbours as a lot of us on here know - hope it gets better for you, maybe a note in their door would help, especially if other neighbours feel the same as you
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 09:03 AM

With my experience, notes on or in doors don't mean a thing with some people. You may be lucky, but if they're doing it in the first place then IMHO they probably know already they're in the wrong. (Sorry I've not worded that right, but I know what I mean!)

They don't know our rules, regulations, how we live, how we should live. So they do what they would normally do in their own country and we Britons usually have to put up with it!! This is the experience with the people upstairs. The whole family seems to come to the flat, and they are not bothered about how they behave and what noise/disturbance they cause. My manager admitted that if the third installation of noise monitoring equipment shows up nothing, then we are flogging a dead horse. Their landlord has apparently asked them to be quiet during the night time hours but they've just ignored the order.

What will you be doing to sort it out? I suppose the Council can't do anything?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 09:13 AM

I would take the friendly approach Alan and go over and talk to the family concerned .
Ask them if they could keep the space near your house free for you and your elderly wife and if they could it would be appreciated.

A neighbours son who is a bit of a wheeler-dealer with various cars and even a power boat parked outside his house started to park outside my house.
My DIL with the twins and a baby really really needed to park right outside my house when dropping one child off so she could still see the others in the car. Also Chloe would bark a lot if she could see a strange car through the hall door.

So I went around and spoke to the neighbour and asked for his co operation with my problem . He has never parked in front of my house since.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 10:05 AM

I agree Meg - it 'can' work, so worth a try
I did this with a van that was parked everyday in such a way that he blocked the view from turning into the main road, it was a dangerous situation.
I put a note on his van explaining the problem - I received a beautiful card, still have it - apologising and he parked further down.
We all have experiences where the friendly approach does not work - but there are exceptions ...........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top