Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbours.

Our problem is we don't have a car, so folk think its ok to park outside our front window, ok we don't own the road or mind but what we do object to is parking across our double gates making things awkward when my daughter drops the grandchildren off.
its never neighbours who do it its there visitors.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 11:23 AM

I agree its nice if you can park in front of your own house but as many have said you dont own the road so you have no god given right as many people seem to think. Crossing the road or walking 20 yards is not an impossibility is it?

People who park across dropped curbs and driveways are just ignorent and I never argue with them I just call the police who normally find a way to contact the driver..
My neighbour likes to park in front of her hosue but as hers and ours are joined and I have the luxury of a drive she sets her car bang inbetween the two bagging herself two spaces..One for her and one for her visitors..
Sometimes I do have to leave my car in the street and she gets annoyed that she hasnt got the amount of space she is used to.

Another trick she tried once was leaving her caravan parked across our front blocking the light. After OH asked her to move it without sucess I called the council and told them it had been dumped..
It hasnt been back since.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

Another trick she tried once was leaving her caravan parked across our front blocking the light. After OH asked her to move it without sucess I called the council and told them it had been dumped..
It hasnt been back since.
brilliant.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2015, 03:46 PM

We have the same trouble in our street. If you don't get back
from work until late there is always someone to take your place.
Doesn't help when you only have one car and other neighbours
have 3. We have had to walk down the street and park around
the corner sometimes and have to carry shopping all the way.
Mostly young ones who cant walk. Oh sorry they can but
to walk more than 10 foot to your own door would kill them

Alan - Romanian for Please park your car outside your own house

vă rugăm să parc de lāngă casa ta

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top