Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:15 PM

Cleaners

Do you have a cleaner,one you pay to clean ? Some of my friends do, but I dont like the idea of someone coming into my my home,what I cant do myself doesnt get done. I know some people have to have help,and I know a lot of them dislike it.But while I can manage alone I will do so
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:39 PM

Re: Cleaners

Deylon, I used to do cleaning for a living. One house I worked at for 25 years. I used to enjoy my work as well.

I do my own now, and am never happy if its a mess.
Don't know what I would do if I had to have someone clean for me, I would be going around afterwards to see if it was as good as I used to do it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:41 PM

I know the wife wouldn't fancy having anyone in to do cleaning, nor would I, but if it comes about that we will have to what else can you do if you want to stay in your own home?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:50 PM

I've also been a private cleaner for quite a long time. I must admit if I ever needed a cleaner, I would go to someone that I knew, I would not like a stranger in my home.

Most of my clients were elderly, so they were there all the time with me, I even got bitten by an elderly woman's dog on the back of my leg.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 08:59 PM

when it gets to the time i need one -i will get one ,most companies do vetting - and all are insured by the company they work for 'my best friend has been a cleaner for 20 years works for herself' and earnt the trust of her families,
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 10:17 PM

I work as a home help and one of the first things I say to my clients is that its their home and they are in charge.
If there is anything they would rather I didnt touch or any place in the house they dont want me to be thats ok..

Im there to help with the stuff they cant do . I am there to help give them time and energy to do the stuff they like to do....
A cleaner or help should never be someone who makes you feel odd or uncomfortable in your own home.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 10:27 PM

I have a friend that has Hetty to do the cleaning and I'm thinking of a similar arrangement ...

Hetty has a brother called Henry ...

Can't ask for more conscientious cleaners.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I've also been a private cleaner for quite a long time. I must admit if I ever needed a cleaner, I would go to someone that I knew, I would not like a stranger in my home.

Most of my clients were elderly, so they were there all the time with me, I even got bitten by an elderly woman's dog on the back of my leg.
It maybe best if folks clean their own privates.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It maybe best if folks clean their own privates.

teeeheeeeeeeheeeeeee you is RUDE
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:44 AM

I'm on the verge of getting one. Not because I'm not still capable but because I hate cleaning, I'm sick of doing it and I'm busy doing so many other things.

I had one for four years just before I retired when I had a very time consuming and challenging job and had no problems with it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top