Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 07:53 AM

Re: Cleaners

My little house only takes around one hour to clean . I only vacuum once every few weeks . When I cook I clean up afterwards wiping down etc. When I shower I clean bathroom .

Yet my home always looks nice , there is only me living here and I'm a tidy person . Maybe I'm lazy to some , but I don't see the need to keep cleaning .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 09:07 AM

I couldn't possibly have someone cleaning my house I couldn't cope with anyone touching my things.

MY DIL has had various cleaners but they didn't seem to do a lot of cleaning or last long.
Too be fair with three babies in the house I can't have been an easy job
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 10:39 AM

No I also couldn't bear anyone coming in to clean My house,but if there ever comes a time 'eek!' when I can't do it Myself,then of course I would have to as I also couldn't bear to live in a dirty Home..I'm one of those sad Women who actually likes housework,lol,...just an auld scrubber Me :~)
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:32 PM

I have had a cleaner in from time to time,trouble was, I spent hours cleaning before she turned up.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:55 PM

I so hate cleaning, we keep saying over the years that we are going to get a cleaner, but never get round to doing it.

I dust, the hubby hoovers, don't do it every week as we never have visitors, and I tidy up as I go along anyway.

If someone is coming down to see us to run round like mad men, that has only happened twice this year so far.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 05:29 PM

I'm already employing an ironing lady as no way can I stand at an ironing board with my bad back.
I'd have no qualms about getting a cleaner in if I needed one. I'd do the hovering and dusting which is a doddle - and the cleaner could clean the windows, the oven and other stuff I hate doing...
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 01:03 PM

I have a private dancer comes in , but my wife does the cleaning. Not as good as me I would add, just can't get the staff these days.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 01:44 PM

We share all the household 'chores' I do cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, windows and mirrors and she does everything else so no need for a cleaner.....yet !!
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 02:20 PM

I do my own cleaning and a bit of a fanatic too, or so my family tell me, my daughter on the other hand hates housework would sooner read a book !!!!! and it shows
If I had to have a cleaner, I don't think they would stay long as I would be following them round
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 06:37 PM

Id love to have a cleaner come in ...I hate the chores,id much rather be doing other more enjoyable things like reading or puzzling or being on the laptop...much more enjoyable and besides the dust only gathers somewhere else when you finished flapping it about

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top