Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 08:22 PM

An alternative healthy option.

For the price of less than a fast food meal, I bought all this fruit today, apart from the bananas at the cost of £3.50p.
One of my family refuses to eat any kind of fruit at all and I wondered how many others don't.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 08:39 PM

Re: An alternative healthy option.

What a lovely big bowl of fruit Mesco m. I practically live on fruit and yoghurt. Any sort of fruit will do for me. What's there to dislike, I wonder.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 09:07 PM

I, like you love any kind of fruit with the exception of figs and dates. My grown up grandson will not touch any kind of fruit and does seem to even have an aversion to it for some reason.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 09:08 PM

That looks a very tempting bowl of fruit Mall, I almost bought some plums today but did wonder if they would have much flavour compared to English ones.
mesco m
manchester

07-03-2013, 09:21 PM

The red ones are South African and they are delicious, the yellow ones are Spanish and a little more tart.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
The red ones are South African and they are delicious, the yellow ones are Spanish and a little more tart.
Thanks for that info Mall, I think I'll buy some SA red plums tomorrow
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Can't stand fresh apricots but love dried ones. Caravan site has plums of all colours and pink fleshed apples they were lovely, very old variety. got apple and family pear trees in garden , shop bought have no comparison, getting plum tree for mothers day. Prefer to see a bowl of fruit rather than vase of flowers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
For the price of less than a fast food meal, I bought all this fruit today, apart from the bananas at the cost of £3.50p.
One of my family refuses to eat any kind of fruit at all and I wondered how many others don't.
Looks delicious (apart from the bananas being well past their use by date ).

I don't know why people don't eat fruit, as you say it is cheap but I have read about people avoiding too much fruit because of its fructose content and preferring vegetables instead.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Looks mouth-watering. I hold my hand up and say we don't eat as much fruit as we should. We eat a lot of prepared fruit for breakfast during the winter and I cut up oranges to finish a meal.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 10:16 PM

breakfast is often porridge with assorted fruits and honey.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top