Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 10:47 PM

Re: Old TV Series

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Tenko was a brilliant series ....... one of those that you watch and don't want it to end. Stephanie Cole is a great actress ...... who would have thought that after playing a doctor in Tenko she would now be playing Roy Cropper's fiesty mother in Coronation Street!
Yes......every time I see her I think of Tenko She plays a right dragon doesn't she, but with a soft side to her too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Yes......every time I see her I think of Tenko She plays a right dragon doesn't she, but with a soft side to her too.
I think she is slowly mellowing
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 07:31 AM

I think Stephanie Cole is a great actress. One of my all time favourites is Emergency Ward 10 with Charles Tingwell
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2011, 10:26 PM

All Creatures great and Small was a favourite of mine since having cable watched the series over many times but they seem to be resting it a bit at the minute .
Also when I was a child Fury and Champion the wonder horse were firm favourites I loved all the westerns
Wagontrain ,Rawhide, Sugar foot, Wyatt Earp, does anyone remember a cartoon series called I think it was either 3 or 4 feather falls it was on when I was around 7 years old (1960)
Mom used to watch the Human Jungle she loved it but I didn't like it at the time but may have a look at it on You Tube...
Thanks for the memories that have come flooding back...
Sue
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 01:36 AM

Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this topic, but tonight I looked on YouTube and would you believe it, some kindly person has uploaded all of the Tenko series. I am thoroughly enjoying it all over again.

Suey, watch The Human Jungle. It really is brilliant, albeit a little old-fashioned and in black and white, but that takes nothing away from the good quality of the actors and the stories. So many darned good British series of the past and they just don't make any, anymore.

I wonder if Dixon of Dock Green is on YouTube! I've not tried that yet.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this topic, but tonight I looked on YouTube and would you believe it, some kindly person has uploaded all of the Tenko series. I am thoroughly enjoying it all over again.

Suey, watch The Human Jungle. It really is brilliant, albeit a little old-fashioned and in black and white, but that takes nothing away from the good quality of the actors and the stories. So many darned good British series of the past and they just don't make any, anymore.

Carmen darlin' I preferred her in the comedy series "Waiting for God". - Hilarious!!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->

I loved the Tenko series so thanks for finding that, Mollie, I'll also enjoy watching it again
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
All Creatures great and Small was a favourite of mine since having cable watched the series over many times but they seem to be resting it a bit at the minute .
Also when I was a child Fury and Champion the wonder horse were firm favourites I loved all the westerns
Wagontrain ,Rawhide, Sugar foot, Wyatt Earp, does anyone remember a cartoon series called I think it was either 3 or 4 feather falls it was on when I was around 7 years old (1960)
Mom used to watch the Human Jungle she loved it but I didn't like it at the time but may have a look at it on You Tube...
Thanks for the memories that have come flooding back...
Sue
Me too Sue anything with dogs in it
..and I loved the Cowboy series like Wagontrain with Ward Bond.
My late neighbour a retired headmaster, Mr Earp, was related to Wyatt Earp
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

03-10-2011, 07:09 PM

I loved all the old Western films and TV series, I found you could get right into the film. Modern films no longer have the same attraction as the oldies of yesteryear...
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Carmen darlin' I preferred her in the comedy series "Waiting for God". - Hilarious!!!!
Who be Carmen, Uncle Joe. I is a Mollie.

Mags, you're very welcome. I am so enjoying it again.

As to Stephanie Cole well, I loved her in Waiting for God as well, and I recently watched the whole series of that on YouTube as well, just in case you're interested.

Meg, I remember Four Feather Falls, but it wasn't a cartoon. It was one of those daft old puppet shows where you could see the strings attached!

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top