Join for free
Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Re: Hysterectomy

Right this is something I was keeping "under wraps" but if it helps well, here goes......
On the 18th July I went to see my GP with what didnt think was a real problem, but It as a biggie believe me I was diagnosed with uterine cancer! Had hysterectomy on on the 23rd AUG(Uterus, cervix and ovaries removed) and I was home on the25th yes 2 days later, yes I was still a bit sore and stiff but believe me you feel very tired(my op was 3weeks ago and come lunchtime I'm finished)and of course there is no hoovering, driving, hanging out washing etc for 6weeks! Most hospitals will send you home as soon as you are up and about you dont want to pick any bugs up in there, so hopefully she is at home chilling out
Have to admit the thought of having a hysterectomy terrified me esp for the reason I was having it for and I'm only 59 but the good news is that the cancer was all contained and removed and I dont need any follow up teatment I had my staples removed, all15 of them on day 10 and I just have the normal post op check at the end of Oct
Hopefully she will be back on line very soon
Jeanette
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 03:36 PM

Jeanette, I am so sorry to hear you have been through all this in the last couple of months, you must have been really frightened at the time. I'm very pleased that it's over and cancer was contained and you can concentrate on your recovery now.

You were very brave to share that with us. I wish you all the best for a full recovery and send you *hugs*

Take care!
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 03:43 PM

Thank you Mags I hope it can be of some help and as I have only recentley been through it will be quite happy to talk with Cate and "compare notes"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Geordiegirl ->
Thank you Mags I hope it can be of some help and as I have only recentley been through it will be quite happy to talk with Cate and "compare notes"
I'm sure comparing notes can be very helpful to both of you...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 04:23 PM

That was very brave of you to share that, and thank you; sure Cate will find it helpful; I do hope she'll be on soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Well done Jeanette you sound a very strong and positive person .
I hope that is the end of the matter and all goes well from now on .

Cate I hope all went well for you too, your friends here are wishing you a speedy recovery
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 03:13 PM

Hello, I'm a friend of Cookiecate and have told her about the messages on here. To update you she is out of hospital and has been ordered to have complete bed rest so her husband is doing a great job of looking after her. She is now starting to feel a bit better but not well enough to go on computer. She sends you her love and best wishes and will be back soon.
Marian
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Thank you for letting us know Marian, what a relief. So Cate's home, resting and being well looked after, just what we all wanted to hear. Thanks again x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

24-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Hello, I'm a friend of Cookiecate and have told her about the messages on here. To update you she is out of hospital and has been ordered to have complete bed rest so her husband is doing a great job of looking after her. She is now starting to feel a bit better but not well enough to go on computer. She sends you her love and best wishes and will be back soon.
Marian
Thank you so much for giving us an update on Cate, Marian. It's such a relief to know that she is starting to feel a bit better,

Please tell Cate we all miss her very much here and we send her lots of love and good wishes for her recovery.

Again, grateful thanks for updating us.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK

24-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Please send her my best wishes as I only had my hysterectomy two weeks before she diD

Jeanette x x

Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top