Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 07:25 AM

Keeping cool Thursday

Good morning everyone

It is going to be another hot one today,it is 17 degrees now and the sun is just coming over the yardarm and turning the sky into a fiery glow. The birds are restless and the cows are walking to their field with a deathly silence about them. But there is a slight breeze so maybe it will not be as hot as yesterday.

Nothing planned for today other than tying to keep the house cool. Lunch is at home and will consist of Mackerel with fresh veg and new potatoes.

Mags it is good to hear that your day was a great one,I wonder how many people got caught out without sun block.

Have a great day everyone and remember, the world owes you nothing you have to go out and create what you want trying not to upset others as you do it.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 09:23 AM

Re: Keeping cool Thursday

Good Morning AB and to Everyone Not a nice morning here, back to dull and dreich again but it was too hot for both Loki and I yesterday! It was nice though to see the sun after so much rain!

Hope everyone will enjoy a lovely day, whatever the weather.

Take care.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 09:31 AM

Good morning everyone and a lovely day it is too

I think my Daughter in law and myself are taking the twins for a potter around a local nature reserve after lunch armed with some bubbles and a ball . It should be cool under the trees and they can do what seems to be popular at the moment, picking up leaves and twigs and bringing them to Nanna .
We took them to a little park last week and they ignored the swings in favour of a friendly black cat, rolling down a bank and picking up little windfall apples all good healthy pursuits.

Have a pleasant day whatever you decide to do...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 09:49 AM

A very good morning to all and sundry who pass this way..

Just back from our walk and already very warm (24deg) outside, looks like being another lovely day. Nothing much planned other than cutting Mum's lawns and moving a few shrubs around for her.

New puppy Alfie arrives tomorrow, so later I'll have to make the utility room puppy proof again....

Have a great day all,

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 12:45 PM

Good morning all. There's a nip in the air as Autumn comes to town. The 6 day forecast has temperatures all over the place with about half the days in rain. We're heading for the rainy season in a big way.

I continue my work on the new photographic forum with over 1200 posts in 7 days. The membership has continued to explode as word of a site that helps rookie photographers spreads. We've pretty much scared away the jerks who always try to disrupt and are making strides to make the site something special.

I need to start preparing for the short lived leaf change season here that turns into nothing but rain. I'll try and lay in a local course to drive/ride where I can get my best photos. Some are local an other 50-100 miles away such as Mt Hood.

Busy, busy, busy. Where did all that free time go. I'm more active now that when I was working. Retirement can do that to you. I don't know what a boring day looks like. Have fun as we each go about our day.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Why am I complaining but itstoo hot this afternoon to sit in the garden. Enjoy yourselves folks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Hello everyone, another scorcher so a day for relaxing Just concentrated on the necessary for today....

Barry, how exciting that little Alfie comes home tomorrow. I hope he settles in well and Oscar shows him around I'm looking forward to seeing a piuc of them both together soon!

Enjoy the hot days folks, it's a long winter ahead!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 04:03 PM

Hi all!
The sun is shining at last, the damp air is finally moving; it's a coolish 21 C (68 F) at almost 11 am, and will drop further, but so nice to see sun for a welcome change. We did get enough rain overnight to make it actually 8"! That's a lot of rain.

Barry, looking forward to Alfie pics, Bob, leaf pics should be spectacular; Meg, sounds like a fun outing, enjoy!

Be good to yourself today, say a prayer for the departed. I lost an old friend yesterday, he was 90, and went in his sleep at home. RIP.....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Be good to yourself today, say a prayer for the departed. I lost an old friend yesterday, he was 90, and went in his sleep at home. RIP.....
My condolences on your loss Eileen, but not a bad innings making 90......RIP
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Thank you. That's one of the sadder things, too many friends have gone before.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top