Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:16 PM

Re: United Europe

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Complete rubbish, get back to the nineteenth century.
Wonderful intelligent reply as usual! Strange whenever the mere mention of how many British gave their lives for our freedom always results in your puerile "get back" comments. It's as if you can't bear to be reminded of the sacrifices made by so many for the freedoms that you are happy to continue to lose now.
Let me tell you, any poster who makes sarcastic, mocking words regarding any and every man, woman and child that sacrificed or were sacrificed during the fight for freedom in WW1 and WW2, deserves nothing but contempt.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
wonderful intelligent reply as usual! Strange whenever the mere mention of how many british gave their lives for our freedom always results in your puerile "get back" comments. It's as if you can't bear to be reminded of the sacrifices made by so many for the freedoms that you are happy to continue to lose now.
Let me tell you, any poster who makes sarcastic, mocking words regarding any and every man, woman and child that sacrificed or were sacrificed during the fight for freedom in ww1 and ww2, deserves nothing but contempt.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Wonderful intelligent reply as usual! Strange whenever the mere mention of how many British gave their lives for our freedom always results in your puerile "get back" comments. It's as if you can't bear to be reminded of the sacrifices made by so many for the freedoms that you are happy to continue to lose now.
Let me tell you, any poster who makes sarcastic, mocking words regarding any and every man, woman and child that sacrificed or were sacrificed during the fight for freedom in WW1 and WW2, deserves nothing but contempt.
I haven't seen anyone make negative comments about their sacrifice.

But those Brexiters, who try to use and manipulate that sacrifice to their own ends and claim that glory that had nothing to do with them to promote their own political point of view who are beneath contempt.

How dare they, who contributed nothing to that sacrifice, try to usurp the credit and twist things to imply those who sacrificed would have supported Brexit.

They sacrificed to achieve peace in our time and a united Europe and the EU has given us that for many years. Now all thrown away because of your petty, xenophobic nationalism. It is the Brexiters who are a disgrace to the legacy and ideals of those who sacrificed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:47 PM

Well said Shrops. No doubt they are the modern day equivalent of deserters. I wasn't around anywhere near the wars, i wasn't born until the 60's but I will always be grateful for those who died for my freedom and as you say, the women and children who got caught up in it.

What's odd is, he mocks anyone who mentions the past and tells them to 'get back' but he himself attends the Tolpuddle festival.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I haven't seen anyone make negative comments about their sacrifice.

But those Brexiters, who try to use and manipulate that sacrifice to their own ends and claim that glory that had nothing to do with them to promote their own political point of view who are beneath contempt.

How dare they, who contributed nothing to that sacrifice, try to usurp the credit and twist things to imply those who sacrificed would have supported Brexit.

They sacrificed to achieve peace in our time and a united Europe and the EU has given us that for many years. Now all thrown away because of your petty, xenophobic nationalism. It is the Brexiters who are a disgrace to the legacy and ideals of those who sacrificed.
Hi

I do so object to your descriptions.

I simply do not want to become part of a Federal Europe.

I am no xenophobe, I have just been on Skype with the pretendies, they are on holiday in Poland, they Skype every other day, great fun.

I employed Muslim Enforcement Officers.

I host, short term, Foreign NHS Employees.

I help them with things here, which are very different from their home Countries.

I simply think that it would be better to train our own in these vital, long term jobs.

I am no thicko, I am intelligent, articulate and no idiot.

I based my decision to leave on principles which are important to me.

I was a very reluctant Leaver, however, being closely involved at times with Brussels, I simply could not vote to remain.

If we had a decent set of Politicians, who stood up for us, I would not have voted to leave.

Such is life, out we go.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
well said shrops. No doubt they are the modern day equivalent of deserters. I wasn't around anywhere near the wars, i wasn't born until the 60's but i will always be grateful for those who died for my freedom and as you say, the women and children who got caught up in it.

What's odd is, he mocks anyone who mentions the past and tells them to 'get back' but he himself attends the tolpuddle festival.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 02:48 PM

By now, I would expect that the UK will have canvassed, pretty much the whole of the world, in order to establish, perhaps by nod and a wink or something much stronger, which Countries will be willing and able to sign up Trade agreements to start, immediately, when we are out.

In fact, it would be odd, and probably highly negligent, if we had not done so, by now.

Of course our friends, across the Channel would be very upset to find out that we were doing this!

They may, even, scream "illegal, illegal, illegal".

Needless to say, our government would be careful not to let such information slip out into the media.

Just a thought....!

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 02:57 PM

Well said, SG.

We can learn so much by looking to see what happened, in the past, and understand the reasoning behind all of that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
By now, I would expect that the UK will have canvassed, pretty much the whole of the world, in order to establish, perhaps by nod and a wink or something much stronger, which Countries will be willing and able to sign up Trade agreements to start, immediately, when we are out.

In fact, it would be odd, and probably highly negligent, if we had not done so, by now.

Of course our friends, across the Channel would be very upset to find out that we were doing this!

They may, even, scream "illegal, illegal, illegal".

Needless to say, our government would be careful not to let such information slip out into the media.

Just a thought....!

Hi

We will have to wait and see if they have.

All we do know is that Liam Fox has upset a lot.

https://www.politico.eu/article/us-r...e-woes-deepen/
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

11-08-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We will have to wait and see if they have.

All we do know is that Liam Fox has upset a lot.

https://www.politico.eu/article/us-r...e-woes-deepen/
The date on that article is mid 2017!

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top