Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2012, 07:20 PM

Re: Bread and butter pudding

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That's the one Annie darlin'!!!
"Muscavado" sounds more exotic than "brown"
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 10:11 PM

I am going to have a go at all these recipes thanks all for them I will let you know which one I like best...Sue
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 10:46 PM

Isn't there a big difference between Bread pudding and Bread and Butter pudding? the latter being based more on slices of bread and an egg custard type base. There is also a related one (to Bread and Butter) called Queen's Pudding an ex of mine used to make it..
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2012, 02:18 PM

Yes there is a huge difference in Bread pudding and bread and butter pudding the latter as you so rightly said is more an egg custard based pudding whereas bread pudding is firm and more cakelike I must admit I am a sucker for them both going to have a go this afternoon with one of the recipes will let you know how it comes out ...Sue
suey
Shropshire

17-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Gabi I did the easy one and it was lovely though it could have done with a little more sugar as when I measured it out I thought it looked too much so didn't put it all in but still it was very nice haven't had one in years except on the odd occasion of a meal out so thanks again Uncle Joe I am going to try yours next but can't overdose the hubby on them as he isn't a pudding person Sue
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
Gabi I did the easy one and it was lovely though it could have done with a little more sugar as when I measured it out I thought it looked too much so didn't put it all in but still it was very nice haven't had one in years except on the odd occasion of a meal out so thanks again Uncle Joe I am going to try yours next but can't overdose the hubby on them as he isn't a pudding person Sue
Suey darlin' - just be patient - he will be once he's tried your Bread pudding!!!!
suey
Shropshire

20-10-2012, 10:48 PM

I wish Uncle Joe he is so sensible he is very much into healthy eating.... Sue
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2012, 08:27 AM

I wish Uncle Joe he is so sensible he is very much into healthy eating.... Sue
As I said Sue darlin' - just be patient, he'll come back for second, third and fourth helpings I'm sure. If you serve it warm as a pudding, covered in custard, you won't have much left over I feel very certain!!!!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2012, 02:32 PM

OOOH Uncle Joe that sounds scrummy I will have a go at that soon will let you know how I get on with it ...Thank you
You can make it for us when we visit you next year Sue, we also love Bread and Butter pudding
butternut
london uk
butternut is female 

09-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Delia does a good one too.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top