Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 11:21 PM

Re: Chatty Folks

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ah I have got it now do you know Hazel I never spotted the 'go advanced ' because I never scroll down that far, I always click on 'reply' bottom left of the post .
But I like the emoticons and the only way I could get them was by clicking quote and deleting all the writing, then last week I thought blow it I'll press it and see what happens, and lo and behold there were my emoticons. I'm happy with every new little bit I find.I also realised I could correct any mistakes I'd made fore I'd posted it and had to edit it. so now I won't have to grab it back fore anyone reads it.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 11:30 PM

oops didn't know about this!!
As you can see Heather most of my posts are rubbish.
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Thank you for telling us about 'emoticons' I didn't know about them. Being fairly knew here I am still finding way about. Like you Hazel I am happy when I find out something else on here. Your posts are not rubbish either.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 05:18 PM

I don't know what emoticons are either and have always been afraid to press the "go advanced" but they say there's safety in numbers, so I think I'll have a go. Are they like the smilies?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I don't know what emoticons are either and have always been afraid to press the "go advanced" but they say there's safety in numbers, so I think I'll have a go. Are they like the smilies?
Yes Rena they are smilies ...
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 04:52 AM

Here's a weird thing!. I've given talk's on 'Conservation & Associated Studies' since the late '80's, and my first talk was to half-a-dozen 7-y-o 'Brownie's'...and I was terrified!...but confidence does build, and one of my last talk's was at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Oldham, Lanc's, in front of an audience of more than 2000!...but when I first went on-line, in 2001 I found myself tongue-tied, and it took me some time to post, much less actually chat in a chat-room...

...an', y'know what?...it's the same with ANYONE who finds a new group in which they feel comfortable, so I reckon any 'newbie' should be cut a little slack to allow them to find their way about and get to know folk's!.

(having said that, I reckon about a month ought to be enough, eh!...after all, we all joined for a reason, right?).
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

29-10-2012, 05:11 PM

I'd been on here about 2 months before I posted after trying to thank everyone that welcomed me and making a complete BU of it. It's taken me time and now there are lots of new names, some I recognise from other forums, but most people are friendly, even the grumpy ones, it's just not everyone sees eye to eye with everyone else. Obviously I myself am different in that I'm perfect aren't I ???
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
I'd been on here about 2 months before I posted after trying to thank everyone that welcomed me and making a complete BU of it. It's taken me time and now there are lots of new names, some I recognise from other forums, but most people are friendly, even the grumpy ones, it's just not everyone sees eye to eye with everyone else. Obviously I myself am different in that I'm perfect aren't I ???
Of course you are Hazel darlin'
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 11:29 PM

I too am not a chatty person but love this forum I read a lot post a little but if I have had a problem I have received lots of positive advice for that I am grateful.. I also don't get a lot of time to plough through the forum on a daily basis ...This is my favourite forum by far as I find most very clicky if you don't join in on a regular basis...Thanks all please be patient with me...
Sue
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by suey ->
I too am not a chatty person but love this forum I read a lot post a little but if I have had a problem I have received lots of positive advice for that I am grateful.. I also don't get a lot of time to plough through the forum on a daily basis ...This is my favourite forum by far as I find most very clicky if you don't join in on a regular basis...Thanks all please be patient with me...
Sue
Of course Sue darlin' - you contribute in your own time and when you feel confident enough to do so.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top