Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Cageybaby
London, uk
Cageybaby is female  Cageybaby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Re: Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat lol

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's a bit soon for me Jean I must admit, halfway through December is plenty early enough for me...
I totally agree!

We've not had Halloween or Guy Fawkes night yet!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Jim matey, do as I do - just use it as a good excuse for a good nosh and booze up!!!
Sound advice Joe, will do.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 09:31 PM

I already have!

I hope the wife doesn't notice she's a couple of wine bottles down........

I'll blaime the cat.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 09:52 PM

I absolutely LOVE Christmas. I even asked hubby if we could put up the Christmas tree and decorations in a weeks time before he goes back to work, I won't tell you what he said but words to say no way hosea, it's way too early!

Sorry you're not going to celebrate Christmas this year Meg I'm sure you're buy a few pressies for Chloe. I hope you feel better soon.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:00 PM

I love Christmas but hubby is very Bah Humbug about it...When I was at home with Mum and Dad they never dressed the house till Christmas eve night we used to go to bed and they stayed up all night doing the prep and decorating the house it used to be like a grotto there was nowhere that didn't have decorations and Dad always put a packet of saxo stuffing on the tree and when asked why he used to say if you don't like the decs get st****d it was all very magical to us...I work in retail and hate the build up to Christmas it all starts too early we had our tree put up in the canteen the first week of September ....Sue
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 12:40 PM

I love my turkey dinner with all the trimmings, then i must have my xmas pud...yummy
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Just a little poem i wrote for last Xmas ...I hope i dont need it for this year ....
Christmas is coming,
the goose is getting fat,
so are all the bankers ,
and politicians come to that,
But I don’t live that way,since I lost my job
discarded to the jobless queue
by some fat company snob
there is no thought for us older class
who built our lives through work
we are treated just the same
like the louts who sit and shirk
I have a house and built my life
and was loyal to the company boss
but now I stand to lose it all
cos the government don’t give a toss
Merry Xmas
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 09:08 PM

Well OUR goose is certainly gonna be a lot fatter AFTER Christmas, 'cos it get's all the left-over's!...(incidently, don't get down-wind of it, 'cos it's gettin' all the left-over sprout's as well!).
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
I love my turkey dinner with all the trimmings, then i must have my xmas pud...yummy
I cook our Xmas dinner ...Its Turkey chestnut stuffing and all the trimmings ...I buy my Turkey from a farm with legs and head attached , in other words just minus the feathers ,,lol ...I buy about 5 lb of chestnuts and spend hours making chestnut stuffing and bacon rolls ...My Xmas pudding is home made by my daughter with my mums recipe and i think this year she has mastered it ( PS we let them mature for a year before we eat them)...This is the way my dad done Xmas dinner and his dad before him ..I dont have turkey at any other time of the year ...I keep Xmas as a special day ..you maybe think i am maybe nostalgic but that is my way ...I have never missed my Xmas dinner except when invited to dad's but it still the perfect Xmas dinner as well ....I dont even let the fact that i am out of work spoil it as i made sure i made provisions for Xmas....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I cook our Xmas dinner ...Its Turkey chestnut stuffing and all the trimmings ...I buy my Turkey from a farm with legs and head attached , in other words just minus the feathers ,,lol ...I buy about 5 lb of chestnuts and spend hours making chestnut stuffing and bacon rolls ...My Xmas pudding is home made by my daughter with my mums recipe and i think this year she has mastered it ( PS we let them mature for a year before we eat them)...This is the way my dad done Xmas dinner and his dad before him ..I dont have turkey at any other time of the year ...I keep Xmas as a special day ..you maybe think i am maybe nostalgic but that is my way ...I have never missed my Xmas dinner except when invited to dad's but it still the perfect Xmas dinner as well ....I dont even let the fact that i am out of work spoil it as i made sure i made provisions for Xmas....
Good for you UK Martin, I feel the same as you, I don't have turkey any other time of the year and Christmas dinner is very special to me as well although I don't home cook everything like you do unfortunately. I hope you have a good one this year.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top